Riverside Personal Injury Lawyers | Accident Attorneys
Riverside Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
Without airbags, seatbelts, and the full enclosure of automobiles, motorcycles are far more dangerous to drive than passenger cars. While the risk is certainly part of the thrill of riding, it also means a crash is likely to cause serious injuries or death. If you or a member of your family was hurt in a collision that someone else caused, our motorcycle accident attorneys in Riverside can help you fight for justice and fair compensation.
We know that a severe wreck can happen at any time, which is why our phone line is open 24 hours a day to take your call. The consultation is free, and if you decide to retain our legal services, you won’t have to pay any attorney’s fees unless we resolve the case in your favor. To speak with a member of our team, dial 1-800-GO-HARRIS.
What Role Do Expert Witnesses Play in Motorcycle Accident Lawsuits?
If your case proceeds to the discovery phase, both your attorney(s) and the attorney(s) for the defense will have an opportunity to depose expert witnesses. The types of experts who might be deposed will depend on the circumstances. For instance, if there’s a dispute about what caused the accident, your lawyer might depose an accident reconstruction expert. If there’s a dispute regarding the value of your damages, it may be necessary to depose medical, vocational, and financial experts.
Read on to learn about a few kinds of expert witnesses who might play a role in your motorcycle accident case:
- Your Treating Physician: Sometimes referred to as an “expert percipient witness,” the treating physician of the accident victim may be deposed regarding the injuries that were sustained, the symptoms, and how the condition has progressed.
- Retained Medical Experts: If the opposing party disputes causation, the severity of your injuries, or the estimated cost of care, your Riverside motorcycle accident lawyer might depose retained medical experts. These may include a life care planner, an occupational therapist, and doctors specializing in your particular medical condition.
- Accident Reconstruction Experts: It’s not uncommon for the defendant or insurance company to try to shift fault to the victim. In this scenario, the deposition of an accident reconstruction expert may be used to prove liability. Such deposition may also be valuable if multiple defendants shared fault for the crash.
- Vocational Experts: If your injuries are preventing you from returning to the same occupation, it may be necessary to depose a vocational expert.
- Economists: Calculating the loss of future income can be complicated. It may be necessary to bring in an economist to assist with the calculation and to provide deposition regarding his or her findings.
- Motorcycle Specialists: If a defect within the motorcycle or one of its parts caused the crash, your attorney might depose a motorcycle specialist, mechanic, or engineer to prove liability.
How to Prove Liability After a Motorcycle Accident
We’ve already discussed how the deposition of certain expert witnesses might help your Riverside motorcycle accident lawyer prove liability. In addition to such deposition, the following evidence might also contribute to the strength of your claim:
- The Police Report: The accident report should provide details about when, where, and how the accident occurred. It might also include the officer’s observations and suspicions regarding fault, as well as details about any arrests that were made at the scene.
- Percipient Witness Deposition: Your Riverside motorcycle accident attorney will want to interview eyewitnesses as soon as possible—before they forget pertinent details about what happened. The deposition of bystanders, passengers, and the drivers involved in the crash might help your lawyer prove fault.
- Video Footage: If the crash was caught on a surveillance camera or dashcam, its footage may provide insight into what the involved parties were doing just before the collision.
- Photos of the Scene: Pictures of debris on the road, property damage, and the positions of vehicles might help your lawyer and an accident reconstruction expert determine what led to the crash.
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we understand the importance of conducting an immediate investigation while time-sensitive evidence is still available. We will start building your claim right away so your case is as strong as possible when settlement negotiations begin. Even if your case seems likely to settle, we will prepare as if we are going to trial by carefully evaluating every aspect of your case and possibly bringing in an accident reconstruction expert and other specialists to assist with the investigation.
Discuss Your Case with a Riverside Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
If your financial future is at stake, it’s important that you make informed decisions. We offer free consultations, so you won’t have to pay anything to get personalized advice from one of our legal professionals. To get started, call us today at 1-800-GO-HARRIS or send us a message online.