With beautiful scenery and a mild climate, southern California offers plenty of reasons to cruise on two wheels instead of four. But when a collision happens, motorcycle riders almost always sustain injuries, and many are never able to make a full recovery. Our Santa Barbara motorcycle accident attorneys understand how dramatically a person’s life can change after a serious crash, and we’re proud to help the injured and their families pursue the compensation they deserve.
The at-fault party may be liable for your medical bills, lost income, property repairs, pain and suffering, and other damages. Our lawyers can make sure your claim accounts for all potentially recoverable losses so you don’t end up accepting an unfair settlement. We can also help you avoid critical mistakes that would jeopardize your case. To set up a free, no-obligation consultation, contact us today at 1-800-GO-HARRIS.
Types of Accident Claims Our Santa Barbara Motorcycle Accident Attorneys Handle:
- Motorcycle Accidents Involving Cars
- Motorcycle Accidents Involving Commercial Trucks
- Motorcycle Accidents Involving Turo Vehicles
- Motorcycle Accidents Involving Rideshare Vehicles
- Motorcycle Accidents Involving Scooters
- Motorcycle Accidents Involving Pedestrians
- Motorcycle Accidents Involving Buses
- Motorcycle Accidents Involving Catastrophic Injury
- Alcohol-Related Motorcycle Accidents
- Wrongful Death Motorcycle Accidents
- Other Motorcycle Accidents
We Will Make Sure the Insurance Company Treats You Fairly
Insurance adjusters know that most claimants don’t have an in-depth knowledge of personal injury law. They often leverage this advantage by asking coercive questions to manipulate claimants into providing statements that can be used to dispute liability or damages. If liability seems indisputable, the insurer might try pressuring you into accepting a low settlement early in the proceedings.
Our Santa Barbara motorcycle accident lawyers have many decades of combined experience negotiating with insurance companies. Claims adjusters throughout California know that our law firm doesn’t settle for less than our clients deserve. We won’t let the insurer take advantage of your vulnerable position. If you’re having trouble paying bills or affording medical care, we can help you explore the options for staying afloat financially until the resolution of your case.
Below are just a few strategies we may employ to protect your claim:
- Taking over Correspondence with the Insurance Adjuster: Once you’ve hired our law firm, one of our Santa Barbara motorcycle accident attorneys will take over all dialogue with the insurer. At that point, the adjuster will know that the usual coercive tactics for manipulating claimants won’t work. We will aggressively protect your rights, even if that means taking your case all the way to trial.
- Helping You Avoid Critical Mistakes: Many personal injury claimants make inadvertent mistakes and oversights that an attorney could have helped them avoid. That’s why hiring a skilled motorcycle accident lawyer from day one is always a good idea if you’ve been seriously injured or lost a family member in a crash. Your attorney can explain, for example, how to use social media such that the insurance company won’t be able to use your posts to dispute the claim. Your lawyer can also go over the importance of mitigating your damages by following your doctor’s orders exactly.
- Estimating a Fair Settlement Amount: It might be easy to gather medical bills, but calculating the value of future healthcare costs, lost earning capacity, and non-economic damages can be challenging. The deposition and testimony of medical and financial experts may be needed. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we know when to bring in experts and how to get the most value out of their testimony. We are also well-versed in the case law and statutes pertaining to settlement calculations in personal injury and wrongful death cases, so we know the best approach to take in order to maximize the potential value of your case without taking on an unnecessarily high risk of a dispute that delays the proceedings and leads to litigation.
- Preparing for Trial: Going to trial can be a time-consuming process that puts a considerable amount of stress on personal injury victims and their families. As such, it’s usually best to pursue an out-of-court settlement. What many claimants don’t know, however, is that being prepared to go to trial is one of the most effective ways to get a defendant to settle. If the opposing party knows that you’re willing to enter litigation, they might be more open to negotiating in order to avoid the cost of trial.
Dial 1-800-GO-HARRIS to Speak with a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Santa Barbara
You shouldn’t have to navigate through complicated legal proceedings while dealing with the aftermath of a motorcycle accident. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we can take over the logistics of your case so you can focus on more important matters. We’re available 24/7 to take your call. For a free consultation, dial 1-800-GO-HARRIS or send us a message on our online contact form.