Seal Beach Dog Bite Attorneys
Seal Beach Dog Bite Attorneys
Our dog bite attorneys in Seal Beach have the resources and experience to help you pursue the compensation you need to cover healthcare costs, pain and suffering, and other damages. As your legal advocate, we will help you avoid mistakes and make sure your claim accounts for all damages that might be obtainable. You can reach us at 1-800-GO-HARRIS for a free consultation. We can come to you if necessary.
How Should I Prepare for My Free Initial Consultation?
If you were severely injured in a dog attack, it’s likely that you have a lot on the line both personally and financially. On a personal level, the outcome of your claim could have a major impact on the quality of healthcare you receive. It may be necessary, for example, to get reconstructive surgery to remove scarring. From a financial standpoint, you may be left battling to pay your bills, medical costs, and other expenses if your case is unsuccessful. With so much at stake, you’re likely willing to do anything you can to expedite the proceedings and increase the odds of recovering a financial award. While the outcome of your case is largely out of your control, there are several steps you can take to help your Seal Beach dog bite lawyer build and protect your claim. For instance, by taking time to prepare for your initial consultation, you can help ensure your attorney starts their investigation on a strong foot. Adequate preparation might also help your legal team identify potential disputes and develop strategies to counter or avoid them. Here are a few ways you can prepare for your free initial consultation:
- Write Down What You Remember: Even minor details can play a crucial role in helping you prove liability, causation, and damages. It’s not unheard of for a seemingly insignificant observation to have a major impact on how a dog bite attorney approaches a case. For instance, if you saw surveillance cameras near the scene, you should take note of their locations. Your attorney will take steps to obtain this footage before it is erased or destroyed. You should also include a description of your injuries, whether police officers attended the scene, and anything you said or did immediately after the attack.
- Gather Medical Documents: Your lawyer will need to see medical records to prove the types of injuries you suffered and to connect your condition to the attack. By seeking a prompt diagnosis, you can also avoid potential disputes over failure to mitigate damages and causation.
- Compile Evidence from the Scene: If you took any pictures at the scene or spoke to eyewitnesses and took down their contact details, you should bring this evidence to your initial consultation.
- Compile Receipts and Invoices: Any financial documents showing the expenses you incurred as a direct result of the attack could help your attorney prove your losses and estimate a fair settlement.
- Gather Financial Documents: If your injuries prevented you from working, the income you lost could be factored into your potential recovery. In the event that your injuries will impact your income-earning capacity down the road, you may also be entitled to compensation for lost future earnings.
What Factors Could Influence the Value of My Dog Bite Settlement?
After a serious injury, one of the main questions on the minds of many victims is, “How much is my claim worth?” It’s an important question with no easy answers. The potential value of your personal injury settlement can depend on a variety of factors such as:
- Your Own Liability: While you may have sustained a serious injury, you may not necessarily be able to receive compensation for all the damages you incurred. If you were at all responsible for instigating the attack, for example, your financial award could be reduced by a percentage reflecting your share of the liability.
- The Severity of Your Injuries: A serious injury can lead to a lifetime of medical expenses while more minor conditions might heal by themselves. Typically, the worse your condition is, the larger your potential recovery will be.
- Mistakes You’ve Made: Even if it’s clear that another party is entirely at fault, there are several oversights and errors you need to avoid in order to safeguard your claim. Common mistakes can include ignoring your healthcare provider’s instructions, filing a lawsuit after the statute of limitations has passed, and publishing posts about the incident or your injuries on social media. Our dog bite lawyers in Seal Beach can help you avoid these mistakes and other critical errors that could harm your claim.
- The Available Insurance Coverage: Was the at-fault party insured? What types of coverage do you carry? If there isn’t enough coverage available to pay for the damages you incurred, you might have to dig into your own pockets to cover the difference. Your lawyer can help assess the available insurance policies, conduct an in-depth investigation, and discuss your options for seeking compensation.
Speak with a Seal Beach Dog Bite Lawyer Today
For a free consultation, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or send us a message. Our attorneys accept personal injury cases on a contingency fee basis.