Echo Park Rideshare Accident Attorneys
Rideshare apps have put a quick trip in the palm of our hands. However, these instant rides are not without their hazards. Under pressure to perform trips quickly to make a living, drivers are often rushing or not paying attention, leading to serious accidents with catastrophic consequences. If you were involved in a rideshare wreck, turn to our Echo Park Uber and Lyft accident attorneys to find out how you could recover compensation for your injuries and other damages.
We have decades of combined experience handling personal injury claims in the state, arming us with the knowledge and resources necessary to prevail in even the most complex cases. Reach out to us at 1-800-GO-HARRIS to schedule a free consultation.
How Our Echo Park Personal Injury Attorneys Could Assist with Your Claim
Filing a personal injury claim can be a daunting undertaking. After all, this is likely the first time you’ve had to take legal action after a serious accident. Fortunately, hiring a skilled personal injury attorney could help you simplify the process as he or she can handle the logistics of your case, giving you time to focus on other matters.
Here are a few ways the attorneys at HPIL may be able to assist with your case:
- Connect You with Resources: Through the years, we’ve forged strong connections with professionals in the area and across the state. From medical providers to economists, these experts are just a phone call away, ready to assist with your case at a moment’s notice. Depending on the circumstances surrounding your case, your attorney may consult with a wide variety of experts to help estimate fair compensation for your losses and prove liability.
- Investigate the Accident: You should never rely on the insurer’s findings alone. Ultimately, their goal is to reduce how much they have to pay out, so it’s likely that they will look for—and emphasize—evidence that helps them minimize their liability. At HPIL, we can help investigate the accident, gathering the necessary evidence to prove liability, causation, and damages.
- Approximate Fair Compensation: Estimating the value of your losses is an important step that shouldn’t be skipped. Without some idea of what your case might be worth, you may accept an offer that doesn’t account for all your losses. As a result, you may run out of funds, leaving you on the hook for your treatment costs and other accident-related expenses. At HPIL, we can work with you, your medical providers, and various expert witnesses if necessary to help approximate fair compensation for your damages.
- Negotiate the Claim: After a serious accident, it can feel overwhelming to field constant calls from the insurer, respond to requests for documentation, and obtain the medical records and other evidence you will need to support your claim. Fortunately, our legal team can grab the reins, overseeing every aspect of your claim while you recover from your injuries.
What Should I Bring to My Free Consultation?
Once you’ve scheduled a case review with one of our attorneys, you can happily sit back, relax, and wait for this one-on-one consultation. However, taking a few minutes to prepare for this meeting, such as compiling evidence you’ve gathered and making copies of your accident-related invoices and receipts, could help you get the most out of this opportunity.
Let’s take a closer look at some of the items you might want to bring along to the initial consultation:
- Photographs of the Accident: Any pictures you managed to take at the accident scene could play a crucial role in proving liability and damages. For instance, an accident reconstruction expert may be able to use images of the vehicles involved, road markings, and other elements of the wreckage to piece together what happened and who is responsible. Alternatively, photographs of your injuries could not only help tie your condition to the crash but could also demonstrate the severity of your wounds.
- Eyewitness Contact Details and Statements: If anyone else saw the accident take place, their deposition or testimony could help corroborate your version of events. If, for instance, an eyewitness noticed the at-fault driver speeding or making illegal lane changes in the moments before the collision, their statements could help prove liability. As such, you should make sure to take down the contact details of any onlookers—and a brief statement if possible—to share with your attorney during your free case review.
- Medical Records: Your medical records will play a role in proving many aspects of your claim, from tying your injuries to the accident and demonstrating your treatment costs to showing the insurer that you fulfilled your responsibility to mitigate damages. If you have not yet obtained copies of these records, your attorney can do so on your behalf.
- Surveillance Camera Footage: Commercial properties are often equipped with surveillance cameras, so if the accident happened on a busy street, it’s possible that nearby cameras captured footage of the moments before, after, and/or during the collision. Your attorney could use these videos to prove fault.
Speak to an Uber and Lyft Accident Attorney in Echo Park
We are available to take your call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Dial 1-800-GO-HARRIS or head over to our Contact Page to request a free case assessment.