Echo Park Wrongful Death Attorneys
The death of a loved one is a devastating experience. However, if you lost a relative because of the negligent, reckless, or intentional actions of someone else, this loss could feel particularly heart wrenching. Filing a wrongful death claim against the liable parties won’t just help you hold them accountable for what they’ve done, but could also give you the funds you need during these dark days. To find out whether you have grounds to file a claim, turn to our Echo Park wrongful death attorneys.
With decades of combined experience overseeing wrongful death and personal injury claims in the state, our compassionate attorneys have the knowledge and resources necessary to succeed in even the most complex cases. Reach out to us at 1-800-GO-HARRIS to discuss your situation with a member of our team.
How Much Is My Wrongful Death Lawsuit Worth?
The financial award in a wrongful death case can easily exceed hundreds of thousands of dollars. However, as proceedings can be incredibly unpredictable, it’s impossible for us—or anyone else—to guarantee a specific payout. However, we can investigate the accident and assess the available evidence to approximate fair compensation for the damages you’ve incurred.
Let’s take a look at some of the types of losses that might be available to you and your family:
- Funeral and Burial Costs: From the funeral service to the casket to the headstone, burying a loved one can be incredibly expensive. Fortunately, many of the expenses associated with the funeral and burial might be recoverable as part of your claim.
- Loss of Future Earnings: If you were financially dependent on the deceased, it’s likely that you’re struggling to make ends meet in the wake of their death. Depending on the deceased’s age prior to their passing, he or she may have generated a steady income for many more years. In California, you have a right to seek compensation for these lost wages. Your wrongful death attorney may need to consult with various experts to help map out the deceased’s expected career trajectory and estimate the value of lost earnings and other benefits.
- Medical Expenses: If your loved one received medical attention before their death, it’s likely that their estate or a family member was forced to cover such costs. Your attorney can review your situation to determine whether you can pursue compensation for the medical costs the deceased incurred.
- Loss of Consortium: Losing a loved one in a sudden accident is almost always emotionally devastating. In an instant, you were robbed of their support, affection, and guidance. Fortunately, you may be able to recover compensation for this loss of companionship. While a financial award can never replace what you’ve lost, holding the at-fault parties accountable could at least give you a sense of justice.
What Qualities Set HPIL Apart from Others in the Area?
If you recently lost a loved one, you may be wondering if you should hire an attorney to assist with your wrongful death lawsuit. While, technically, you could pursue damages on your own, wrongful death claims are notoriously complex and it’s all too easy to make serious mistakes that might cost you a fair settlement.
At HPIL, our attorneys have extensive experience overseeing wrongful death claims in the state. We can help investigate the accident that led to your loved one’s death, gather the necessary evidence to prove your claim, and represent you and your family throughout proceedings.
Let’s take a closer look at some of the qualities that help set us apart from other law firms in the area:
- Relevant Experience: Whether your loved one was killed in a truck accident, slip and fall, or motorcycle wreck, you should find an attorney who has experience handling claims similar to your own. After all, a lawyer who focuses primarily on dog bite cases might not be suited to overseeing your case if your loved one died in a car accident. At HPIL, our attorneys have handled many different types of wrongful death cases, and possess the knowledge, resources, and experience necessary to prevail in even the most complex cases. We’ve helped secure more than $300 million in settlements and verdicts for our clients.
- Honest Approach: An attorney who isn’t transparent about the strengths and weaknesses of your case is someone who doesn’t practice with integrity. Ultimately, without a clear idea of where you stand, you may be blindsided by disputes, delays, and other issues throughout proceedings. At HPIL, we will be transparent from day one, providing you with honest answers to your questions and warning you of potential issues in advance so that you’re prepared for any eventuality.
- Trial Experience: While it’s unlikely that your case will go to court, there’s always a chance you will need to file a lawsuit. For instance, if opposing parties refuse to agree to a fair settlement, it may be in your best interests to bring a suit against them to achieve a desirable outcome. Our seasoned trial attorneys relish the opportunity to go to court, providing tenacious representation throughout proceedings.
Connect with a Wrongful Death Attorney in Echo Park Today
We are available to take your calls 24/7, and if you aren’t able to visit our offices, we will come to you. Dial 1-800-GO-HARRIS or stop over at our Contact Page to lock in a free case review.