Echo Park Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
Echo Park is a trendy district that is home to artists, musicians, and other creatives. A casual stroll around this neighborhood is one of the best ways to soak up the culture, sights, and year-round temperate climes. However, if you’re on foot, you’re always in danger. It takes just one distracted, drunk, or reckless driver to turn your relaxed walk into a brush with death. Were you injured on the road? Turn to our Echo Park pedestrian accident attorneys to find out how you could recover compensation for medical bills and other losses.
We are available to take your calls 24/7. Dial 1-800-GO-HARRIS to request a free case evaluation.
How Can I Mitigate Damages after a Pedestrian Accident?
If you were hurt in a pedestrian accident caused by another individual or entity, you have a right to seek compensation for the damages you incurred. However, getting your hands on a payout won’t necessarily be a straightforward task. In addition to demonstrating your damages and proving liability, you will need to show that you fulfilled your responsibility to mitigate damages.
In other words, you must show the claims adjuster that you took sufficient steps to alleviate losses associated with the accident and your injuries. If it emerges that you contributed to your losses in any way—for instance, your own negligence aggravated your injuries—you could be held partially liable for your damages, potentially reducing the amount of compensation you will receive.
Let’s take a look at a few ways you can mitigate damages while your claim is pending:
- Seek Immediate Medical Treatment: Your top priority after being struck by a motorist is to visit the doctor. With little to no protection in a collision, it’s possible that you suffered a serious impact injury and that your adrenaline may be masking some of your symptoms. A prompt diagnosis will ensure that you receive the treatment you need to avoid additional health complications down the line. Undergoing a medical assessment as soon as possible after the accident can also help you tie your injuries to the incident and avoid disputes over failure to mitigate damages.
- Stick to Your Treatment Plan: Once you’ve started treatment, you must follow your doctor’s orders carefully. While it can be difficult to sit at home instead of going to work and earning a living, especially if your medical expenses are piling up, if your healthcare provider has told you to stay home, you should never deviate from their orders. Going against their instructions could result in disputes.
- Don’t Delegate Tasks You Can Do Yourself: As a personal injury claimant, you can seek compensation for the cost of reasonably necessary replacement services such as child care, housekeeping, and meal preparation. However, if it emerges that you enlisted help for a task you are perfectly capable of tackling on your own—or a task that’s not necessary to maintain the same quality of life you had prior to the accident—the claims adjuster may dispute these damages. This could also bring your credibility into question, potentially compromising the integrity of your entire claim.
Qualities That Set Our Attorneys Apart from Others in the Area
If you were injured in a collision, you are probably considering hiring an attorney to assist with your personal injury case. However, as this is likely the first time you’ve required the services of a lawyer, it’s only natural to feel uncertain about what to look for in a legal professional.
Fortunately, during your initial consultation, you’ll have an opportunity to get to know a particular attorney and the type of representation they provide. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our attorneys have the resources, knowledge, and experience to give your case the attention it deserves.
Let’s take a look at a few qualities that help set us apart from other law firms in California:
- Honest Approach: When you sit down to discuss your case with an attorney, you probably expect that he or she will be transparent about the strengths and weaknesses of your case. Unfortunately, some lawyers may gloss over potential weak links hoping to secure your signature. In such situations, it’s likely that you will be blindsided by issues that arise throughout proceedings, leaving you ill-prepared for delays and other complications. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we practice with integrity and will help prepare you adequately for the weeks ahead.
- Tailored Representation: In personal injury law, where cases can vary drastically from one to next, a one-size-fits-all approach just won’t cut it. Our attorneys will tailor their strategies to the unique circumstances of your case, taking time to investigate the accident, gather the necessary evidence, and consult with expert witnesses if necessary. We will also treat you and your family with compassion, dignity, and respect from your first consultation until the final verdict.
- Positive Reviews: Through the years, we’ve helped secure hundreds of millions of dollars for our clients. However, our goal isn’t just to help you achieve a favorable result, but also to simplify your life and alleviate some of the stress you’re feeling in the aftermath of the wreck. We have received many positive reviews which we believe is a testament to the attentive and compassionate representation we provide.
Speak to a Pedestrian Accident Attorney in Echo Park Today
Were you or a loved one struck by a motorist? You might be able to recover compensation for your injuries by filing a personal injury claim against the at-fault individuals and/or entities. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we can handle every aspect of your claim, including guiding you through proceedings, gathering evidence to prove liability and damages, and litigating your case if necessary. Dial 1-800-GO-HARRIS or click through to our contact page HERE to lock in a free case review.