Echo Park Slip and Fall Attorneys
Spills, poor lighting, cluttered aisles, and misplaced equipment are among the many hazards that call slip and fall accidents every year. Victims often suffer serious injuries such as spinal cord injuries, traumatic brain injuries, and broken bones. If you were hurt on someone else’s property, turn to our Echo Park slip and fall attorneys to find out how you could recover compensation for the damages you incurred.
During your free consultation, our attorneys will answer your questions, discuss potential outcomes for your case, and explain how they will approach building your case. Contact us today at 1-800-GO-HARRIS to find out more.
How Our Attorneys Can Assist with Your Premises Liability Case
What makes a good attorney? And what separates the great from the good? If you suffered a serious injury in a slip and fall accident, you may have spent a considerable amount of time mulling over these questions. While attorneys usually have the same qualifications, there can be a drastic difference in types of representation two attorneys provide. Unfortunately, there are many lawyers who lack the experience, resources, and compassion necessary to give your premises liability case the attention it deserves.
Let’s take a look at a few reasons why Harris Personal Injury Lawyers stand out from other firms in the area:
- Honest Approach: How much is my claim worth? Will my case go to trial? How long will it take for my case to be resolved? These are examples of some of the most common questions we get from our clients. While some attorneys will tell you exactly what they think you want to hear, we will be open and honest about the strengths and weaknesses of your case. This approach ensures that you aren’t blindsided by disputes, delays, and other issues throughout proceedings, arming you with the knowledge to make informed decisions about your case.
- Tailored Representation: There are some attorneys who rush to settle cases to turn a profit as quickly as possible, regardless of whether the settlement offer is fair or not. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we know that your financial future is likely hinting at the outcome of your case, so we strive to do everything in our power to help you achieve the best possible outcome for your situation. We will tailor our approach to the unique circumstances of your case, taking time to thoroughly investigate the accident and gather the necessary evidence to prove liability and damages.
- Accessible: If you can’t visit our offices, we will come to you. Once you’ve hired our legal team to handle your personal injury case, we will give you a direct line to your attorney who will strive to answer your questions promptly and provide you with regular updates on the progress of your case.
- Litigation Experience: While few cases go to trial, having a skilled litigator by your side could still benefit you during settlement negotiations. If the insurer knows that you have the resources to go to court if necessary, they may be less likely to dispute certain aspects of your case.
What Should I Do after a Slip and Fall?
While slip and fall accidents happen across the country on a daily basis, few—if any of us—are prepared for what to do after suffering an injury on someone else’s property. At HPIL, we can help guide you through proceedings, advising on how to avoid common mistakes and avoid disputes.
Let’s take a look at a few steps you should always take after a slip and fall:
- Document the Accident Scene: If you are physically able to do so, you should use your phone to take photographs of the area where you fell. Try to capture images from different angles and distances. Additionally, you should snap photos of your injuries as these pictures could help tie your injuries to the accident and demonstrate the severity of your condition. Your attorney may be able to use the images you took to piece together what happened and prove liability.
- Seek Medical Treatment: Even if you were able to walk away after the accident, you should still undergo a comprehensive medical assessment as soon as possible. Many serious injuries may initially present with minor or latent symptoms; left unchecked, your condition could worsen, leading to potentially fatal health complications. However, seeking medical treatment is about more than just taking care of yourself. Visiting the doctor will ensure that you have access to up-to-date medical records which will likely play a crucial role in tying your injuries to the incident and proving your damages.
- Track Your Damages Carefully: The costs associated with suffering a minor injury can easily exceed thousands of dollars. Fortunately, you may be able to recover compensation for many of the losses stemming from a slip and fall incident. However, you will need to provide proof of the expenses you incurred, so you should compile any associated receipts, invoices, and estimates to share with your attorney during the initial consultation.
Discuss Your Claim with a Slip and Fall Attorney in Echo Park
If you were injured because of a negligent property owner, it may be in your best interests to speak to a skilled personal injury lawyer. At HPIL, we offer free case reviews, giving you the chance to get the answers you need to make informed decisions about your case. Dial 1-800-GO-HARRIS or click through to our Online Contact Form to secure a case assessment.