Laguna Niguel Uber and Lyft Accident Attorneys
Laguna Niguel Uber and Lyft Accident Attorneys
Were you injured in a wreck that involved a rideshare driver? You may be entitled to compensation. To speak with a Laguna Niguel Uber or Lyft accident attorney in a free consultation, contact our law firm’s 24-hour phoneline at 1-800-GO-HARRIS. We accept cases on a contingency fee basis. Our team of lawyers has won substantial settlements and verdicts in accident cases of varying complexity. We will come to you if you are unable to come to us.
How Much Is My Rideshare Accident Case Worth?
Among the most pressing questions you may be contemplating when filing a personal injury claim is how much you can expect to recover in damages. Unfortunately, this is also one of the most difficult questions to answer. There are many factors that could impact the potential value of your claim, so it is difficult to estimate the value of your case before a thorough investigation has been performed. Our Laguna Niguel Lyft and Uber accident lawyers can help you account for all the damages you might be owed. Here are some of the factors that may influence the potential value of your case:
- How Severe Your Injuries Are: If an accident has caused you significant harm, it’s more likely that you will be entitled to a larger financial award. Long-term hospital stays, prescription medications, physical therapy, and other costs associated with healing serious injuries can add up quickly. If your injuries are permanent, the potential settlement may be even larger to account for the long-term treatment and care expenses.
- Amount of Lost Wages: An accident may keep you from working for days, weeks, or longer. If you end up missing out on a substantial amount of wages due to your injuries, it may be possible to recover that income as part of the settlement or verdict. If an accident causes injuries that force you to leave your job altogether, the potential value of your claim could increase further still.
- Your Liability: Did you play any part in causing the accident, or in worsening your injuries after the event? If an insurer can make a reasonable case that you bear some responsibility for the extent of your damages, that could lessen the amount of compensation you are eligible to recover. This is one reason why it’s essential to seek prompt medical attention after an injury and to follow your doctor’s orders for treatment.
- Other Expenses: There are some expenses you may not be able to anticipate immediately after an accident that could also be recoverable in a personal injury case. These could include the costs of making modifications to your home or vehicle to accommodate your injuries. Additional costs for hiring child care or help around the house could also be recoverable.
Common Mistakes People Make in Rideshare Accident Cases
The process of filing a personal injury claim can seem like a minefield. There are a number of ways you can inadvertently hurt your case if you aren’t vigilant. Opposing parties tend to look for any reason to reduce the amount they have to pay out. Our Laguna Niguel Lyft and Uber accident attorneys have years of experience guiding clients through these proceedings, and we can advise you on how to avoid blunders that might sink your case. Here are some of the major mistakes that claimants must avoid while their case is pending:
- Giving a Statement to the Insurer: An insurance company might ask you to provide a recorded statement regarding the accident. While this may seem reasonable, you shouldn’t comply. Unless you’re a legal professional, fully versed in personal injury law, it’s easy to accidentally provide statements that harm your case.
- Taking an Early Settlement Offer: As medical bills pile up, you may be tempted to accept a quick settlement in order to cover the costs and make up for lost earnings. This could turn out to be a critical error. Insurance companies can take advantage of you during this stressful time by offering a settlement just large enough to seem reasonable. However, you should be strategic regarding when you enter settlement negotiations. For example, if you haven’t yet reached maximum medical improvement, the insurance company’s estimates regarding your future damages could turn out to be far too low, so accepting the settlement could lead to financial ruin.
- Talking About Their Case Online: Social media is a dangerous place to discuss a personal injury case. Your words can easily be misconstrued and taken out of context. Photos you post may be used by an insurance company to argue that your injuries are not serious. It’s best to stay offline or deactivate your accounts while your personal injury claim is pending.
- Delaying Medical Attention: Avoiding the doctor after an accident is a risky move. It’s possible that you will worsen your injuries if you don’t receive prompt medical treatment. This could reduce the amount of compensation to which you are entitled, or it could open the door to disputes regarding the severity of your injuries or their cause.
Speak with a Laguna Niguel Uber or Lyft Accident Lawyer Today
You can reach us 24 hours a day by calling 1-800-GO-HARRIS. You can also set up a free consultation by sending us a message on our Contact Page.