Laguna Niguel Wrongful Death Attorneys
Laguna Niguel Wrongful Death Attorneys
If you are dealing with the emotional and financial impact of losing a family member, contact our law firm for a free consultation. Our Laguna Niguel wrongful death attorneys can review your case and help you determine the most strategic way to proceed with your claim. We have won substantial settlements and verdicts in wrongful death cases of varying complexity. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS today to set up a free case assessment.
Qualities That Set Us Apart from Other Law Firms
Choosing a lawyer to assist with your case can seem like an arduous endeavor. An Internet search can overwhelm you with many potential options. You might consider calling the number of an attorney you saw in a TV commercial or an advertisement on a park bench. Family and friends may have suggestions of their own. But how do you know whether a particular lawyer is the right fit for you and your case? A bit of research can go a long way in helping you make your decision. Here are few qualities that set our Laguna Niguel wrongful death lawyers apart:
- Experience Handling Similar Cases: An attorney who has handled claims that are similar to yours will be best positioned to take on your case. You want a lawyer who is well-versed in the relevant case law, statutes, and procedures. The team of attorneys at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers has extensive experience in wrongful death cases, and our track record of helping clients recover fair compensation speaks for itself.
- Good Communication: You can expect to be in touch with your attorney frequently, especially during pivotal milestones in the legal proceedings. The lawyer you hire should give you a direct line of contact and go out of their way to be accessible. Our attorneys consider communication with clients a top priority, which is why we make every effort to be available when our clients have questions, even after office hours.
- Positive Reviews: You should always search for testimonials about a law firm before making your final choice. Online reviews can be helpful in getting the sense of a lawyer’s experience and the quality of the representation they provide. Our lawyers are proud of our track record and the hundreds of positive reviews we have received from satisfied clients.
How Long Does It Take to Resolve a Wrongful Death Case?
Our Laguna Niguel wrongful death attorneys have many tools in their arsenal to help clients pursue the compensation they deserve. Unfortunately, a crystal ball is not one of them. Like most legal proceedings, tort cases involve a lot of uncertainties. The time it will take to resolve your case will depend on a number of factors. Some cases are resolved within a few months while others persist for well over a year. Your lawyer may not be able to tell you exactly how long the process will take, but he or she can give you an estimated timeframe based on some key factors. Your case may take more or less time to resolve depending on your answers to the following questions:
- Are Multiple Parties Liable? Tort cases sometimes involve many defendants. If there’s a chance that multiple parties could be held liable for damages, a dispute could arise regarding how fault is apportioned. Such a dispute may also arise if the deceased’s own negligence played a role in causing the fatal accident.
- How Strong Is Your Evidence? Strong evidence not only increases your chances of winning the case, but it also can prevent disputes, thus potentially reducing the amount of time it takes to conclude the proceedings. If you have strong evidence to prove liability, causation, and damages, there might not be much room for the opposing party to dispute the claim.
- How Much Compensation Are You Seeking? Sometimes seeking higher amounts of compensation leads to protracted proceedings since the opposing party has more incentive to find reasons to dispute the claim. Our attorneys can help you approximate a fair settlement amount, and we can gather the evidence needed to mitigate or avoid disputes.
- Did You Make Mistakes? After a death in the family, it is common for surviving loved ones to say and do things that give the opposing party ammunition to challenge the wrongful death claim. For example, if you described the fatal accident in detail, you might inadvertently implicate the deceased as partially liable. There are many other errors that could jeopardize your case. Our attorneys can explain these common mistakes and oversights so you can avoid them.
Set up a Free Consultation with a Laguna Niguel Wrongful Death Lawyer
If you want to bring a claim for damages after the unexpected death of a family member, contact Harris Personal Injury Lawyers. Dial 1-800-GO-HARRIS or send us a message to set up a free consultation.