Lake Elsinore Slip and Fall Attorneys
Lake Elsinore Slip and Fall Attorneys
A slip and fall can cause serious financial trauma as victims struggle to pay medical bills and return to work while nursing injuries. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we are experienced litigators who know what it takes to pursue compensation for our slip and fall clients. Throughout the years, more than 5,000 victims have turned to us for guidance. We have earned hundreds of five-star reviews on Google for our aggressive, effective legal services. Call us at 1-800-GO-HARRIS to speak with someone on our team.
Compensation for Your Slip and Fall Accident
After a slip and fall accident, our Lake Elsinore attorneys may recommend filing a premises liability lawsuit. To prepare your case, we will gather evidence in the form of business records, including whether – and how often – a site has been inspected, cleaned, or repaired. We will also collect records regarding whether similar incidents have occurred on the premises. This will allow us to prove to an insurance adjuster – or, if necessary, a judge or jury – that the premises were in an unreasonably hazardous condition at the time of your accident. Our California personal injury attorneys know how much a slip and fall injury can impact your life. In addition to suffering from serious injuries like broken bones, traumatic brain injuries, and soft tissue sprains, you are likely accruing astronomical medical bills. Speak with us about seeking reimbursement for your medical expenses as well as compensation for your physical and emotional injuries. Through the insurance claims process, our lawyers will pursue compensation for your:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Reduced or lost earning capacity
- Reduced quality of life
How Much is My Claim Worth?
No matter the severity of your injury, keep in mind that the substantial payouts (at times, seven or eight figures) from trial verdicts may only be enough to defray the costs of your lifetime medical care. As such, a skilled personal injury lawyer will fight to recover non-economic damages such as compensation for your pain and suffering. Unfortunately, there is no way to estimate a settlement amount before you have gathered all of the evidence needed to prove your case, and no lawyer will put a number on your claim before settlement negotiations begin. However, there are several factors that can affect your settlement – or verdict – amount:
- The cost of your medical treatment: The amount you paid for medical care will directly impact your settlement calculations. Minor injuries may cost just a few hundred or thousand to treat, whereas a catastrophic injury like a traumatic brain injury or spinal cord damage will cost exponentially more. Not to mention, more severe injuries tend to warrant higher awards for non-economic damages, like pain and suffering, emotional trauma, and reduced quality of life.
- Whether you were employed at the time of your slip and fall accident: Your California personal injury lawyer will review your pay stubs, financial statements, and other documentation that provides insight into your income level pre-injury. If your injuries precluded you from working or will render you unable to work in the future, you may be entitled to a greater settlement amount.
- The severity of your injuries: If your injury has substantially impacted your quality of life, you may be more likely to recover “hedonic” damages, that is, compensation for your diminished ability to enjoy life. The most common basis of hedonic damages is loss of consortium, or the lost ability to enjoy sexual relations with your spouse.
Discuss Your Claim with a Lake Elsinore Personal Injury Lawyer
A hazardous condition on a property may put your safety in jeopardy. When this happens, our legal team is here to help. If you were injured in a slip and fall accident and believe that the property owner, manager, or tenant may be responsible, contact us right away. If you cannot make it to our office for an initial free consultation, we will come to you. Call our 24-hour phone line at 1-800-GO-HARRIS or send us a message to schedule a complimentary case review.