Lake Elsinore Personal Injury Attorneys | Accident Lawyers
Lake Elsinore Wrongful Death Attorneys
The loss of a loved one changes your life forever. Our Lake Elsinore personal injury lawyers understand that a favorable legal settlement or verdict will not bring your family member back. Nonetheless, if you have incurred substantial costs or lost income as a result of the accident that took your loved one’s life, monetary damages can help you get back on your feet financially so you can properly grieve. As such, it is advisable to meet with a wrongful death attorney to discuss your options.
Our compassionate wrongful death attorneys can help you explore all possible avenues to recover compensation and will not settle a case for an amount that is less than you deserve. If needed, we will represent your interests in court by filing a lawsuit against the opposing party. To schedule a free case evaluation with us today, give us a call at 1-800-GO-HARRIS.
Types of Claims our Lake Elsinore Wrongful Death Attorneys Handle
- Car, truck, bicycle, and motorcycle accidents
- Accidents involving rideshare vehicles
- Turo accidents
- Scooter accidents
- Boating accidents
- Train accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Aircraft accidents
- Bus accidents
- Premises liability cases resulting in wrongful death
- Other types of wrongful death cases
Who Can File a Wrongful Death Claim?
In California, the personal representative of the deceased’s estate, or various parties who stand to inherit the deceased’s property if the deceased passed without a will, can bring a wrongful death claim. For instance, the decedent’s surviving spouse would have a right to file a wrongful death action. If the deceased was not married, then his or her children could bring the claim, then stepchildren, minors who lived with him or her for at least half a year, and the deceased’s parents, siblings and their children, grandparents, and next of kin.
What Will a Wrongful Death Lawyer Do for Me?
When you have lost a loved one, hiring a lawyer is probably the last thing on your mind. However, our wrongful death attorneys in our Lake Elsinore office offer free consultations, so you have nothing to lose by meeting with us. We will advise you as to whether you have a case, what type of compensation you can pursue, and how pursuing a claim can help you move forward after suffering the devastating loss of a family member.
In addition, there is a multitude of ways that an attorney can help you in the wake of a loss:
- Gathering evidence: In seeking compensation for your claim, our attorneys can help you amass the critical evidence to preserve your claim. This may include testimony from insurance adjusters, physical objects, photographs, and more.
- Preserving your claim: In communicating with insurance adjusters, there is a number of mistakes you can inadvertently make. For instance, a social media post may contradict a claim you made directly to an adjuster. Or, you may overlook valuable evidence that can bolster your claim and earn you a higher settlement amount. Our experienced wrongful death lawyers will help you avoid these mistakes.
- Speaking with insurance adjusters: We know how insurance companies think, so we can handle all correspondence with them on your behalf. To protect your case, it is best to let skilled attorneys handle this correspondence so that insurance adjusters cannot take anything you say out of context.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS to Speak with a Wrongful Death Lawyer Today
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our compassionate attorneys are here to take over the logistics of your case so that you can focus on more important matters, like honoring your loved one’s memory. We will do all we can do alleviate your stress and help you recover the compensation you need to get back on your feet.
To schedule a free case consultation with us, we welcome you to send us a message online or to call our 24-hour phone line at 1-800-GO-HARRIS.