Lake Elsinore Personal Injury Attorneys | Accident Lawyers
Lake Elsinore Train Accident Attorneys
If you’ve been injured in a train accident, you probably have a lot of questions: “Who can I sue? What damages can I pursue? How do I go about seeking compensation?” Fortunately, our Lake Elsinore personal injury attorneys know the answers – and we are here to represent you. With decades of collective experience helping accident victims get back on their feet, we can help you pursue damages to help you move forward after a train accident injury. Discuss your case with a member of our legal team by calling 1-800-GO-HARRIS today.
Who is Liable for a Train Accident?
In many cases, a train accident is the result of someone’s negligence: A vehicle and a train should not collide at a crossing, a train should not run off the tracks, and the engine should not malfunction. Nonetheless, these things do occasionally happen and when they do, they often result in serious injuries or even fatalities.
Identifying an at-fault party in a California train wreck case is a fact-intensive inquiry. For instance, a switch failure may be the fault of the person who installed it, whereas a crossroads collision may be the train operator’s fault. Regardless of the circumstances, our Lake Elsinore train accident attorneys can uncover critical evidence showing who – or what – caused your accident. By identifying the responsible party, we can work toward pursuing the compensation you deserve.
Some examples of the liable parties in a train wreck include:
- The business that owns and operates the train
- The business that owns and operates the tracks
- The business responsible for maintaining the train or tracks
- The business that manufactured, distributed, or sold any defective train or track parts
- Motorists or individuals trespassing on the tracks or railroad property
- Train passengers
- The conductor or operator
Common Causes of Train Accidents in Lake Elsinore
Our legal team will thoroughly investigate your case to determine the underlying cause of the wreck.
In our collective decades of experience, our train accident attorneys have discovered that some of the most common causes of collisions involve some combination of the following:
- Conductor fatigue
- Distracted driving
- Impaired driving
- Failure to keep a lookout or to check blind spots
- Defective parts
- Mechanical failures
Compensation for a Lake Elsinore Train Accident Injury
By collecting evidence, you can show a judge or jury that you are entitled to compensation for your injuries. Your personal injury lawyer will gather, analyze, and present the evidence in support of your case to ensure you have the strongest case possible.
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we will collect evidence in some combination of the following:
- Your medical records
- Photographs of your injuries
- Photographs of the accident scene
- Your financial records, from pay stubs to tax returns
- Receipts from any medical expenses you incurred, including travel expenses for your medical care, vehicle modifications made necessary by your injuries, and any home renovations that made your home more accessible post-injury
- Expert testimony, from accident reconstructionists to medical, vocational, or financial experts
- Your own personal notes about how the accident and your injuries have impacted your life
Discuss Your Claim with a Lake Elsinore Train Accident Lawyer
If you or a loved one have been injured in a train accident, contact our legal team. Throughout the years, we have recovered more than $300 million in settlements and trial verdicts, a substantial portion of which was in train accident cases.
To discuss your case with a member of our team, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or send us a message online to set up a free case assessment. If you cannot make it to our Lake Elsinore office, we will come to you.