Lake Elsinore Personal Injury Attorneys | Accident Lawyers
Lake Elsinore Rideshare Accident Attorneys
In cases involving rideshare vehicles, more nuances and complications apply than in typical car accident cases. That is why it is advisable to engage an experienced personal injury attorney as soon as possible if you have been injured in a rideshare accident.
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our attorneys understand the laws relating to rideshare vehicles and can present your case to an insurance claims adjuster on your behalf. Throughout the years, we have helped more than 5,000 clients obtain more than a collective $300 million in settlements and verdicts, a large portion of which have been in accidents involving Uber and Lyft drivers. We are equipped to help you pursue the fullest amount of compensation for your accident so that you can recover and move forward. Call us at 1-800-GO-HARRIS to set up a free case evaluation today.
Steps to Take After a Rideshare Accident
Once you’ve been involved in an accident with a rideshare service, you should immediately take any steps necessary to 1) protect yourself, and 2) preserve your case.
At a minimum, we recommend the following steps:
- Call the police to seek an incident report. The report will prove useful in settlement negotiations down the road.
- Call 911 for medical assistance and immediately tend to your injuries. You will not know the severity of your injuries until you are evaluated by a medical professional.
- Take photos of the accident scene, making sure to capture:
- Skid marks,
- The vehicles’ positions,
- The weather conditions,
- The victim’s injuries,
- Property damage to the vehicles or other surrounding items,
- The insides of the vehicles, and
- Traffic signs.
- Take photos of the rideshare driver’s licenses, license plates, and insurance cards.
- Gather eyewitnesses’ names and contact information.
- Contact a California rideshare accident attorney.
How a California Personal Injury Attorney Can Help You Recover
Uber and Lyft drivers are covered by a $1 million insurance policy. However, this does not mean that their insurance carriers will approve your claim. Our attorneys understand all too well insurers’ quickness to dispute claims made by accident victims.
When you work with us, we will help you avoid unnecessary disputes, delays, or other roadblocks in your case by leveraging our decades of collective experience.
We know how insurance adjusters think and we are prepared to present the strongest case possible.
- Handling correspondence: Our team will communicate with claims adjusters on your behalf to ensure that nothing you say can be taken out of context. As soon as you hire us, we will take on any phone calls, emails, and other correspondence so that you can concentrate on recovering and moving forward after your accident.
- Gathering evidence: If the insurer disputes your claim, our team will compile any and all evidence in support of your claim, from medical records to eyewitness accounts. We will build the strongest case possible in order to mitigate any disputes and to pursue the highest settlement amount available.
- Protecting your claim: Unfortunately, from the moment you are injured, anything you say or do can impact the outcome of your case. Even if you let us take on correspondence with the insurance adjuster, you can still inadvertently make a mistake that will reduce your compensation award. For example, you may post on social media about your injury, which can lead the adjuster to dispute the severity of your damages. Our Lake Elsinore Uber and Lyft accident attorneys can help you understand the repercussions of such mistakes and ensure that you do not make them.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS to Speak with a Personal Injury Lawyer
If you were injured in a crash involving a rideshare vehicle, it’s vital to speak with a knowledgeable, compassionate personal injury attorney as soon as possible. Our team is available to answer your questions 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and we can come to you if you are unable to travel to our Lake Elsinore office. Give us a call at 1-800-GO-HARRIS or send us a message online to speak with us today.