Manhattan Beach Brain Injury Attorneys
Brain injuries in Manhattan Beach can have a major impacts on your life, leaving you to face medical expenses, lost wages, and other costs for years into the future. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to provide the professional legal representation you need in filing a claim.
With decades’ worth of combined experience, our Manhattan Beach brain injury attorneys are dedicated to helping you get the compensation you deserve. Our top case results reveal settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars on behalf of our clients. To request a free consultation, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS today.
Our Manhattan Beach Brain Injury Attorneys Provide The Caring Support and Trusted legal Guidance You Need
According to the American Association of Neurological Surgeons (AANS), more than 13 million people in the U.S. are currently living with long-term disabilities as a result of brain injuries. Accidents due to the reckless and negligent actions of others involved are among the most common causes.
At Harris Personal Injury Attorneys, our experienced Manhattan Beach brain injury attorneys provide the caring support and trusted legal guidance victims and their families need. Common causes of brain injuries in cases we represent include:
- Car accidents involving motorists, bicyclists, and pedestrians: These are often due to reckless driving behaviors such as speeding, running red lights, and driving distracted or under the influence.
- Bus, train, and other public transit accidents; These often happen either due to negligence on the part of the driver/operator or the company they work for.
- Premises liability accidents: When property owners fail to maintain the premises or warn visitors of dangers, slips, falls, and getting struck by or against objects can result in serious brain injuries.
- Sports and recreational accidents: These are among the most common causes of brain injuries and often occur due to failure to take proper safety precautions.
- Accidents due to dangerous or defective products: When manufacturers fail to provide instructions or pull defective products from shelves, serious brain injuries can result.
What Are Common Symptoms Of Brain Injuries In Manhattan?
Brain injuries can happen due to any type of bump, blow, or sudden jolt to the head. The University of California, Los Angeles warns that even a seemingly minor accident can result in disruption of neural pathways in the brain, damaging brain cells, impacting bodily functions, and causing potentially life-threatening complications. Common symptoms of brain injuries in Manhattan Beach include:
- Dizziness or loss of consciousness;
- Difficulty in walking or maintaining balance;
- Problems communicating or understanding what others are saying;
- Memory loss and confusion;
- Recurring headaches;
- Vision disturbances;
- Excessive fatigue;
- Nausea and vomiting;
- Personality changes;
- Increased agitation and fits of rage.
When these types of symptoms happen in the aftermath of an accident, seek medical care immediately and reach out to Harris Personal Injury Lawyers. While you focus on your recovery, our Manhattan Beach brain injury attorneys focus on getting you compensation in a claim.
How Can I Get Compensation For Brain Injuries In Manhattan Beach?
There are two general options in seeking compensation for brain injuries in Manhattan Beach. The first is to file an insurance claim against those responsible. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our legal team gathers the evidence needed in your case and aggressively negotiates with insurance representatives on your behalf. Our goal is to ensure you get the maximum amount in any settlements. If insurance is not available to cover your losses or your brain injuries are severe, we can guide you in filing a brain injury lawsuit against those involved.
As experienced Manhattan Beach brain injury attorneys, you can count on us to take the legal actions needed in filing this type of claim. Compensation you may be entitled to for brain injuries under the California Civil Code includes:
- Economic damages, which cover your current medical expenses and lost wages, as well as future treatment or rehabilitative costs and any losses in income due to long-term disabilities.
- Non-economic damages, which cover intangible losses due to brain injuries. This includes pain, suffering, and any loss of enjoyment in life you experience as a result.
- Punitive damages, which is an additional amount we can push for in cases where the at-fault party was particularly willful and negligent. These are designed to punish those responsible and can total two or three times the amount of other damages you are entitled to.
Reach Out And Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS To Request A Free Consultation Today
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, LLC., we generally represent clients who suffer brain injuries on a contingency basis, meaning you pay no attorney fees unless we get compensation for you. To get our legal team on your side, reach out and call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Manhattan Beach brain injury attorneys online to request a free consultation today.