Manhattan Beach Pedestrian Accident Attorney
Due to the reckless actions of motorists, pedestrian accidents in Manhattan Beach happen on a regular basis and can leave you or a loved one suffering serious, potentially life-threatening personal injuries. To get the compensation you need to recover, get Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. on your side.
Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, our experienced Manhattan Beach pedestrian accident attorneys provide the professional legal representation you need in filing a claim. Our top case results show millions of dollars in settlements and jury awards on behalf of our clients. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS to request a free consultation today.
Our Manhattan Beach Pedestrian Accident Attorneys Help You Get Compensation For Your Injuries
Walking is a great way to experience the sights, sounds, and shopping in Manhattan Beach. Unfortunately, it also carries certain risks. According to the California Office Of Traffic Safety (OTS), pedestrian accidents in Manhattan Beach occur an average of more than once per month. Injuries sustained in these crashes are often severe.
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we act as a strong legal ally on the side of victims and their families. While you focus on your recovery, our Manhattan Beach pedestrian accident attorneys focus on getting you the compensation you are entitled to in a claim. Common types of pedestrian injuries suffered by clients we represent include:
- Broken bones and multiple fractures;
- Crushing injuries, causing damage to limbs and internal organs;
- Deep cuts and lacerations, resulting in permanent scarring;
- Head injuries, such as concussions and skull fractures;
- Injuries to the back and neck, such as whiplash and herniated discs;
- Soft tissue injuries, impacting muscles, tendons, and ligaments;
- Spinal cord injuries, resulting in partial or complete paralysis;
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI), resulting in permanent physical, emotional, and cognitive impairments.
Who Is To Blame For Pedestrian Accidents In Manhattan Beach?
The City of Manhattan Beach warns pedestrians to make safety a priority when out walking and to yield to on-coming cars when crossing streets. Unfortunately, and despite taking precautions, you could still end up a victim. In the majority of cases, the reckless actions of motorists are to blame.
When you suffer serious personal injuries as a result of a driver’s actions, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers provide the professional legal representation you need to hold them accountable Among the most common causes in cases our Manhattan Beach pedestrian accident attorneys handle include:
- Aggressive driving behaviors, such as failing to yield to pedestrians in parking lots or crosswalks;
- Distracted driving, such as using cellphones, texting, or engaging in other activities while behind the wheel;
- Driving under the influence, which may involve alcohol, recreational drugs, or medications;
- Running red lights and stop signs, or disregarding other traffic signals;
- Speeding and going too fast for conditions, which increases the risk of potential fatal pedestrian accident injuries.
How Can I Get Compensation For Pedestrian Accident Injuries?
As experienced Manhattan Beach pedestrian accident attorneys, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. is dedicated to helping injured victims get the compensation they need to recover in a claim. Depending on the situation, you may be entitled to a settlement through insurance policies the at-fault driver has in place. Our legal team aggressively negotiates with insurance representatives on your behalf with the goal of getting you the maximum amount you deserve.
If your injuries are severe or the at-fault driver is uninsured, we can guide you in filing a pedestrian accident lawsuit against them. Compensation you may be entitled to under the California Civil Code includes:
- Economic damages: These are intended to cover actual losses you suffer, including both current and future medical expenses and lost wages;
- Non-economic damages: These are intended to cover intangible losses, such as your pain, suffering, and any loss of enjoyment in life you experience due to your injuries.
- Punitive damages: These are an additional amount we can push for if the at-fault driver acted in a particularly willful and negligent manner, such as driving with a high blood alcohol content (BAC) level.
Injured in a hit and run pedestrian accident in Manhattan Beach? You can count on Harris personal Injury Lawyers to take the swift actions needed to identify the driver so they can be held accountable. We are so confident in our ability to get you the compensation you deserve that we generally represent clients on a contingency basis. This means you pay no attorney fees unless we get money for you.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS Today To Request A Free Consultation
To get the compensation you need to recover from pedestrian accident injuries, get our legal team at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers on your side. Reach out and give us a call at 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Manhattan Beach pedestrian accident attorneys online today to request a free consultation.