Sherman Oaks Bus Accident Attorneys
Bus accidents in Sherman Oaks are common and can happen due to negligence on the part of bus drivers or the bus company. Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. helps injured victims and their families get the compensation they need to recover.
With decades’ worth of combined experience, our Sherman Oaks bus accident attorneys provide the trusted, professional legal representation you need in filing a claim. We protect your rights when dealing with bus companies and their attorneys, with top case results totaling millions in jury awards and settlements. Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation today.
Get Our Sherman Oaks Bus Accident Attorneys On Your Side
Local residents have several options regarding bus service. The 155 Metro Local Line offers easy access to Burbank, where you can easily transfer downtown, while Metro G/Orange and DASH bus line travels throughout San Fernando Valley and to the Van Nuys train station. All offer advantages in terms of cost and convenience, but they also pose certain risks. Bus accidents in Sherman Oaks can happen and can leave you suffering serious personal injuries.
Harris Personal Injury Lawyers acts as a strong legal advocate on your side in this situation. We protect your rights in dealing with bus companies and their insurers, helping you get the compensation you are entitled to in a claim. Cases our Sherman Oaks bus accident attorneys represent include:
- Bus rollover accidents, which typically happen when making turns or going around curves in the road;
- Head-on bus accidents, which are common near freeway exits and entrances;
- Rear-impact bus accidents, a common problem in heavy traffic conditions;
- Side-impact bus accidents, often called t-bone crashes, common in intersections;
- Onboard bus accidents, such as falls or being struck by objects during your trip;
- Bus accidents involving pedestrians and bicyclists, common near bus stops and along heavily traveled routes.
Is The Bus Driver Or Bus Company Liable When An Accident Happens?
According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), close to 60,000 bus accidents happen throughout the United States each year. Those who may be held liable in a claim when you or someone you love suffers personal injuries due to a bus accident in Sherman Oaks include:
- The bus driver, for reckless behaviors such as speeding, driving distracted, tailgating other motorists, running red lights or stop signs, and driving under the influence;
- Other motorists involved, whose own reckless actions may have contributed to a crash;
- Bus company mechanics and parts manufacturers, when maintenance issues such as defective or improperly inflated tires and worn brakes are partially to blame for a bus accident;
- Bus company owners and executives, for making reckless decisions, such as overscheduling and not properly training drivers, that put passengers at risk.
Bus accidents are complex events. To protect your rights to compensation, get Harris Personal Injury Lawyers on your side. While you focus on recovering from your injuries, our Sherman Oaks bus accident attorneys investigate your case and hold those at fault accountable.
How Do I File A Bus Accident Lawsuit?
When negligence on the part of the bus company or its employees leaves you suffering serious personal injuries, they can be held liable for costs you incur as a result. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our legal team guides you through what can be a complex process. With our knowledge of these cases and how bus companies operate, we aggressively negotiate with their attorneys and any insurance companies involved on your behalf with the goal of getting you the maximum amount in a settlement.
In cases where your injuries are severe or circumstances surrounding the accident are disputed, our Sherman Oaks bus accident attorneys can provide the legal guidance you need in suing the bus driver, the company they work for, and any others involved. Compensation available in a bus accident lawsuit includes:
- Coverage of your current and future medical expenses;
- Reimbursement for lost wages and future losses in earnings and benefits due to long term disabilities;
- Compensation for your pain, suffering, scarring or disfigurement, and any loss of enjoyment in life you experience as a result;
- Exemplary damages, which punish those at fault for particularly willful and negligent behavior.
To Request A Free Consultation, Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS Today
Bus companies typically have teams of attorneys representing them when accidents happen. To protect your rights in filing a claim and to help ensure you get the compensation you need to recover, get Harris Personal Injury Lawyers on your side. As we generally represent clients in these cases on a contingency basis, there are no upfront attorney fees. To request a free consultation, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Sherman Oaks bus accident attorneys online today.