Sherman Oaks Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
Victims of motorcycle accidents in Sherman Oaks can suffer serious and potentially life-threatening injuries. In addition to the heavy toll on your health, medical expenses, lost wages, and other costs you incur can jeopardize your financial security for years into the future. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. we help you get the compensation you are entitled to in a claim.
Motorcycle crashes often occur due to the recklessness of other road users. Our Sherman Oaks motorcycle accident attorneys help you hold them responsible for their behavior. Our top case results show jury awards and settlements totalling millions of dollars. Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation today.
Common Types Of Cases Our Sherman Oaks Motorcycle Accident Attorneys Handle
Motorcycle accidents in California are unfortunately common and the Los Angeles County area is one of the most likely places for them to happen. Statistics from the state Office of Traffic Safety (OTS) shows that roughly 4,000 bikers are injured in crashes and collisions each year.
Harris Personal Injury Lawyers represents clients in these cases, providing the trusted legal guidance needed in filing a claim. Common types of cases our Sherman Oaks motorcycle accident attorneys handle include:
- Lane splitting motorcycle accidents;
- Rear end collisions;
- Head-on crashes;
- Turning accidents;
- T-bone collisions
- Side swipe accidents;
- Single vehicle motorcycle accidents.
What Causes Motorcycle Accidents in Sherman Oaks?
Motorcycles provide a means of transportation and are a popular hobby among residents in our area. Meetup shows a variety of motorcycle groups and clubs located throughout the San Fernando Valley. However, whether you are traveling to and from work, riding for fun, or taking part in a poker run or other events, it is important to be aware of the risks regarding motorcycle accidents in Sherman Oaks.
Adverse weather, heavy traffic conditions, and rough roads can all make motorcycle crashes and collisions more likely to happen, but in most cases they occur due to the reckless behavior of other road users. This includes:
- Distracted driving;
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs;
- Drowsy driving and falling asleep behind the wheel;
- Failing to yield;
- Running red lights or stop signs;
- Speeding and going too fast for conditions;
- Tailgating and other aggressive driving behaviors.
As experienced Sherman Oaks motorcycle accident attorneys, we uncover the exact causes of your crash and help you hold those at fault accountable.
How Do I Get The Money I Need To Recover From Motorcycle Accident Injuries?
When motorcycle accidents in Sherman Oaks happen, injuries bikers suffer are often severe. These can include multiple broken bones, torn muscles, tendons, and ligaments, and potentially life-threatening injuries to the head, back, neck, or spinal cord. Your injuries can impact your health and your ability to work for years into the future. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we help motorcycle accident victims get the money they need to recover.
Our legal team can conduct a full investigation into your case, gathering evidence and taking the actions needed to file a claim. There are generally two options:
- File a claim against the at-fault drivers insurer: All motorists and motorcyclists in California are required to carry a mandatory minimum amount of insurance. We protect your rights in dealing with insurance representatives and help clients get the maximum in any settlements.
- File a motorcycle accident lawsuit against those at-fault: If the at-fault party is uninsured or in cases involving multiple drivers or severe injuries, filing a motorcycle accident lawsuit may be the best course of action.
How Much Is My Motorcycle Accident Case Worth?
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we are dedicated to helping clients get the maximum amount they are entitled to. While each case is different, common types of compensation available in a motorcycle accident lawsuit under Section 1714 of the California Civil Code includes:
- Medical expenses: This covers current costs and any future treatment you are likely to require.
- Lost wages: This covers current lost income and future losses in earning and benefits due to ongoing impairments.
- Property damages: You are entitled to reimbursement for the cost to repair or replace your motorcycle and any other damaged property.
- Pain and suffering: This compensates you for mental anguish, physical discomfort, scarring, disfigurement, and any loss of enjoyment in life your injuries cause.
You may also be entitled to exemplary damages. These punish the at-fault party for particularly willful and negligent behavior and can total two or three times the amount of other compensation.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS For A Free Consultation
Get the compensation you need to recover from motorcycle accident injuries. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we represent clients on a contingency basis, meaning there are no attorney fees unless we get money for you. For a free consultation, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Sherman Oaks motorcycle accident attorneys online today.