Sherman Oaks Slip and Fall Attorneys
Slip and fall accidents in Sherman Oaks are one of the most common causes of personal injuries. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., we represent clients in these cases, holding property owners accountable for the medical costs, lost wages, and other expenses that result.
Our experienced Sherman Oaks slip and fall attorneys have decades’ worth of combined experience and are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to answer your call. Our top case results show our success in obtaining settlements and jury awards worth millions for our clients. To discuss your options in seeking compensation, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free case consultation today.
Our Sherman Oaks Slip and Fall Accident Attorneys Protect Your Rights In Filing A Claim
The California Department of Industrial Relations (DIR) warns that slips and falls are one of the most common types of work-related accidents. Unfortunately, they can also happen during off-hours and while visiting other people’s homes, grocery stores, shopping malls, restaurants, or resorts and running errands or attending doctor visits. As one of the leading causes of personal injuries, slip and fall accidents in Sherman Oaks can leave facing hundreds of thousands of dollars in medical expenses and lost wages.
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we provide the trusted legal guidance you need in filing a claim. Our Sherman Oaks slip and fall attorneys hold property owners accountable for dangerous conditions that make these accidents more likely to happen:
- Wet floors, due to rain, spills, or condensation;
- Neglected floor surfaces, such as chipped tiles and worn carpeting;
- Failure to use non-slip mats, which should be provided at entrances and exits;
- Cluttered aisles and halls, which are harder to navigate;
- Neglected landscaping, such as uneven sidewalks and lack of lighting along paths;
- Failure to install hand or guard rails, which increases the risk of serious injuries due to slips and falls on stairs and at heights.
What Are Common Types of Slip and Fall Injuries?
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) warns that older adults are among those most at risk for slips and falls, which send roughly three million people to hospital emergency rooms each year. However, they can happen to anyone and at any age. Even a seemingly minor slip and fall accident in Sherman Oaks can result in serious personal injuries. This includes:
- Back and neck injuries, such as fractured vertebrae and herniated discs;
- Broken bones, often impacting the wrists, hips, legs, or ankles;
- Concussions, one of the most common and potentially serious types of head injuries;
- Injuries impacting soft tissues, such as muscle and tendons sprains or tears;
- Injuries to the spinal cord or column, resulting in partial or complete paralysis;
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI), resulting in potentially permanent physical, emotional, and cognitive impairments.
If you are injured in a slip and fall accident, let the property owner or onsite security know immediately and seek medical attention as soon as possible. In the aftermath, you may be contacted by their insurance company. Before making any statements or signing any documents, contact Harris Personal Injury Lawyers and speak to our Sherman Oaks slip and fall attorneys first.
How Do I File A Slip and Fall Accident Claim In Sherman Oaks?
Under Section 1714 of the California Code, everyone is responsible for actions they take that put others at risk. They can also be held liable for not taking precautions to prevent personal injuries. This includes property owners, who generally have insurance to cover slip and fall accidents.
The problem is that while you are still recovering from your injuries, you will be dealing with insurance company representatives trying to deny or downplay your claim. To get what you are entitled to, get our legal team at Harris Personal Injury Attorneys on your side. As seasoned litigators with decades’ worth of combined experience, our Sherman Oaks slip and fall attorneys negotiate with insurers on your behalf. If a reasonable settlement cannot be reached, we will not hesitate in taking the property owner to court. Damages you may be entitled to in a slip and fall lawsuit include:
- Economic damages, which cover medical expenses, lost wages, and other tangible costs.
- Non-economic damages, which cover intangible losses such as pain, suffering, and loss of enjoyment in life.
- Exemplary damages, which are often referred to as punitive damages and are designed to punish the property owner for particularly willful and negligent behavior.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and Request A Free Consultation
Before accepting less than what you are entitled to in a slip and fall accident claim, reach out to Harris Personal Injury Lawyers first. We generally work on a contingency basis, meaning there are no upfront attorney costs. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Sherman Oaks slip and fall attorneys online and request a free consultation today.