Sherman Oaks Rideshare Accident Attorneys
Have you been injured in an Uber or Lyft accident in Sherman Oaks? Determining who is at fault and getting the compensation you need to cover your medical costs, lost wages, and other expenses is likely to be a challenge. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., we are here to help. We provide the trusted legal representation you need in filing a claim.
Our experienced Sherman Oaks Uber and Lyft accident attorneys are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to protect your rights when dealing with ridesharing companies and their insurers. Top case results show our success in obtaining settlements and jury awards totalling millions of dollars. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation today.
Cases Our Sherman Oaks Uber and Lyft Accident Attorneys Represent
Millions of people rely on Uber or Lyft in Los Angeles County for their work commute, errands, or to get home after a night out with friends. Uber and Lyft accidents are common and can result in serious, potentially life-threatening personal injuries.
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we help victims get the compensation they need to recover. Our Sherman Oaks Uber and Lyft accident attorneys act as a strong legal advocate on the side of clients in the following types of cases:
- Uber and Lyft car accidents;
- Passenger mishaps, such as being suddenly jolted or thrown from your seat;
- Bicycle and pedestrian accidents involving Uber or Lyft.
- Any type of incident ridesharing services that results in personal injuries.
Who Is To Blame For Uber and Lyft Accidents In Sherman Oaks?
Ridesharing services have grown exponentially since first being introduced over a decade ago. The Pew Research Center reports that nearly half of the population regularly rely on companies such as Uber or Lyft. Unfortunately, the increase in popularity also increases accident risks.
A recent Uber news release details steps the company is taking to protect passengers, such as autoatic seat belt alerts, audio recordings of trips, and ridecheck enhancements, but these fail to address underlying causes. When an Uber or Lyft accident in Sherman Oaks happens, it is often due to one of the following reasons:
- Aggressive driving, such as speeding, going too fast for conditions, tailgating other motorists, failure to yield, and improper passing.
- Impaired driving, involving alcohol, recreational drugs, or medications.
- Drowsy driving, which is common due to overscheduling and mimics the same effects of driving impaired.
- Poor vehicle maintenance, resulting in tire blowouts, brake failures, and other issues that increase Uber and Lyft accident risks.
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our Sherman Oaks Uber and Lyft accident attorneys can conduct a full investigation into your case. We determine your accident happened and who is to blame. In some cases, the ridesharing company may also be liable due to negligence on their part, such as not properly vetting or monitoring drivers.
How Do I Get Compensation For Uber and Lyft Accident Injuries?
Uber and Lyft drivers can be held personally responsible for injuries you suffer in an insurance claim. The ridesharing company may also be liable for their part in your accident. They may try to use the fact that their drivers are independent contractors to avoid being sued, but California AB (Assembly Bill) 5, designed to protect ‘gig workers’, makes it more difficult for Uber and Lyft to argue that drivers are not employees and deny responsibility.
When filing an Uber or Lyft accident claim, expect the ridesharing company to have teams of attorneys defending them and for insurance adjusters to do everything they can to either deny or downplay a settlement. To protect your rights, get our legal team at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers on your side. Our Sherman Oaks Uber and Lyft accident attorneys aggressively negotiate with the various parties involved with the goal of getting you the maximum amount you deserve. As seasoned litigators, we will not hesitate to take those at fault to court if needed. Compensation available in an Uber or Lyft accident lawsuit includes:
- Economic damages, which compensation you for medical expenses, lost wages, property damages, and other tangible costs.
- Non-economic damages, which compensate you for intangible losses, such as pain, suffering, scarring or disfigurement, and loss of enjoyment in life.
- Exemplary or punitive damages, designed to punish those at fault for particularly willful and negligent behavior.
Contact 1-800-GO-HARRIS Today To Request A Free Consultation
You have only one chance to get the compensation you need to recover from an Uber or Lyft accident. To protect your rights, get Harris Personal Injury Lawyers on your side. As we generally represent clients on a contingency basis, there are no upfront attorney fees. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Sherman Oaks Uber and Lyft accident attorneys online today to request a free consultation.