Sherman Oaks Truck Accident Attorneys
Injured in a truck accident in Sherman Oaks? Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. knows firsthand the serious nature of these crashes and the long-term impacts victims and their families often suffer as a result. We are dedicated to helping you get the compensation you need to recover.
Our Sherman Oaks truck accident attorneys have decades’ worth of practical experience helping clients in these cases. Our top case results show our success in obtaining settlements and court judgments totaling millions of dollars. Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, you can count on us to provide the caring support and trusted legal guidance you need. Reach out and call 1-800-GO-HARRIS to request a free consultation today.
Cases Our Sherman Oaks Truck Accident Attorneys Handle
Tanker trucks, tractor-trailers, and other types of big rigs pose a serious risk to drivers. Due to their large size and weight, they take up more lane space and are more difficult to navigate. CalTrans carefully monitors truck routes with the goal of protecting public safety. Unfortunately, with two major freeways intersecting our area, truck accidents in Sherman Oaks are a concern.
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we provide professional legal representation for victims and their families, dealing with truck drivers, trucking companies, and insurers involved. Our goal is to get you the maximum amount you need to cover medical expenses, lost wages, and other costs. Cases our Sherman Oaks truck accident attorneys handle include:
- Head-on truck accidents, one of the deadliest types of crashes;
- Jackknife truck accidents, when the truck cab comes to a stop but the trailer continues moving, riding up alongside and into opposing lanes;
- Rear impact truck accidents, which happen frequently when going downhill and in heavy traffic;
- Rollover truck accidents, a serious risk due to the truck’s height and the potential for shifting loads;
- Side impact truck accidents, otherwise known as t-bone crashes;
- Sideswipe truck accidents, common due to large blind spots or ‘no zones’ along the front, back, and each side of the truck.
Who Is To Blame For Truck Accidents In Sherman Oaks?
According to data from the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), as many as 60,000 large truck accidents happen each year. These can impact motorists across multiple lanes and trigger chain reactions, resulting in multi-vehicle pile-ups. Determining who is responsible can be a challenge, but Harris Personal Injury Lawyers is here to help.
Our Sherman Oaks truck accident attorneys can conduct a thorough investigation into your case, determining liability in your injury claim. This may include:
- The truck driver: Improper loading practices and dangerous driving behaviors, such as aggressive driving, speeding, and driving while distracted or under the influence, are common causes of truck accidents.
- Truck mechanics: Failure to provide proper maintenance and repairs can lead to tire blowouts, brake failures, and other serious mechanical issues that contribute to truck accidents.
- Trucking manufacturers: Dangerous and defective parts increase truck accident risks.
- Trucking companies: Failing to properly train drivers or punish them for traffic infractions and overscheduling are often underlying causes when truck accidents happen.
How Do I File A Claim After A Truck Accident In Sherman Oaks?
In the aftermath of a truck accident, you will likely be contacted by the trucking company and its insurers. Before making any statements, signing any documents, or accepting a settlement, reach out to Harris Personal Injury Lawyers. Our legal team can protect your rights, aggressively negotiating with insurance representatives on your behalf.
If your injuries are severe or the trucking company attempts to dispute your claim, our Sherman Oaks truck accident attorneys can advise you on your rights in taking them to court. Compensation available in a truck accident lawsuit under the California Civil Code includes:
- Medical expenses, including current expenses and any future costs you are likely to incur;
- Lost wages, including current lost income and future losses in earnings and benefits due to long term disabilities;
- Pain and suffering, which compensates you for mental anguish, scarring or disfigurement, and loss of enjoyment in life due to your injuries;
- Funeral expenses, loss of companionship, and other damages, in the event truck accident injuries prove fatal;
- Exemplary damages, which is an additional amount we can push for that is designed to punish those at fault for particularly willful and negligent behavior.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS And Request A Free Consultation Today
For victims of truck accidents and their families, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers provide caring support and the professional legal representation needed to get compensation for truck accident injuries. We generally represent client on a contingency basis, meaning there are no upfront attorney fees. To find out how we can help you, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Sherman Oaks truck accident attorneys online to request a free consultation today.