Westminster Personal Injury Attorneys | Accident Lawyers
Westminster Uber and Lyft Accident Attorneys
There is no doubt that companies such as Uber and Lyft have changed the way we travel. Gone are the days of flailing our arms to hail a cab; instead, your next ride is just a tap away. However, rideshare services are not entirely safe. Like any other form of travel, there’s always the risk of an accident. Every year, reckless and distracted rideshare drivers upend the lives of their passengers. If you were injured in a wreck involving an Uber or Lyft driver, turn to our Westminster rideshare accident attorneys to discuss your options.
From medical bills to lost wages to repair costs, there are many expenses that may be recoverable as part of a rideshare accident claim. Our attorneys can review your situation to determine the most effective strategies to help you obtain compensation. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS to connect with a member of our legal team.
What Should I Do After a Rideshare Accident?
In the wake of a rideshare accident, it’s normal to feel disoriented. After all, most collisions happen in the blink of an eye, giving you barely a second to react. However, it’s important to consider your actions carefully in the moments following this worst-case scenario. If you’re planning to file a claim for a personal injury, everything you say or do at the accident scene will likely be put under the microscope. Even minor mistakes could be leveraged as evidence to dispute your claim.
Here are a few steps you can take to protect your case after an accident:
- Dial 911: If you, the driver, or anyone else needs medical attention, you should contact authorities immediately. This will help ensure that the injured individuals are treated as soon as possible. Additionally, police officers may also attend the scene. They will likely record their findings as part of an official accident report which could include details about any injuries, property damage, contact details of the parties involved, and the officer’s findings on who or what may have caused the collision.
- Speak to Eyewitnesses: If anyone saw the accident happen, you should take down their contact details to share with your lawyer during your consultation. It’s possible that what they saw could help corroborate other evidence in your case. For instance, if an onlooker can verify that the rideshare driver was speeding and this led to the accident, their deposition could help prove that the driver was behaving recklessly.
- Take Photographs of Your Injuries: While your medical records will cover any information related to your condition, it can be helpful to snap photographs of your injuries immediately after the accident. Not only may this help your attorney connect your health complications to the rideshare wreck, but these images could also help illustrate the severity of the injuries that you suffered.
- Visit the Doctor: If you’re able to walk away from the accident, you may think you’ve survived unscathed. However, if the collision was anything but a minor fender bender, there’s always a chance that you suffered a serious injury. As such, you should schedule a doctor’s visit as soon as you can after the accident. Delaying this assessment, or skipping the evaluation entirely, may not only cause your condition to worsen but could also lead to disputes over failure to mitigate damages.
How Much is My Rideshare Accident Claim Worth?
Medical costs, childcare, alternative transportation, repair bills, and your everyday expenses; after a rideshare accident, you might be ambushed by a host of unanticipated costs. Many victims are also unable to work due to their injuries, depriving them of the funds they need to pay off their growing list of expenses. It’s a frightening situation that could leave you facing financial turmoil down the line.
However, if your injuries were caused by a distracted or reckless driver, you have a right to seek compensation for the losses you’ve suffered. A damages award can be a financial lifeline during this challenging chapter of your life, helping you pay for the treatment you need to get your life back on track.
Unfortunately, it’s impossible to calculate exactly how much you will receive. Personal injury cases can be unpredictable, and there may be many twists and turns along the way. However, our attorneys can help investigate the accident, compile the necessary evidence, and estimate fair compensation for the damages you’ve incurred.
Below are a few factors we might consider:
- Lost Wages: A serious injury can make it difficult to tackle everyday tasks, whether it’s chores around the home or returning to work. If you were unable to make a living while receiving treatment, you could be entitled to compensation for lost income. Additionally, if you’re likely to experience long-term complications due to your condition, you may also be able to pursue damages for diminished earning capacity. Many factors can influence the value of such losses, such as your salary before the accident, your projected career trajectory, and whether you will be able to adapt to other work.
- Severity of Your Injuries: Catastrophic injuries and permanent disabilities tend to cost more to treat than minor conditions. Victims of these serious injuries are also more likely to experience extreme levels of pain and suffering. As such, the seriousness of your injuries will often have a significant influence on the potential recovery for your claim.
- Your Level of Liability: While there are cases where only one party is at fault, in many situations, liability is shared between multiple parties. Typically, in a rideshare accident, both the driver and their rideshare company may be liable for your losses. If it emerges that you played a role in causing the accident or your actions contributed to your losses in any way, you may also share some of the fault. For instance, if you failed to follow your doctor’s orders and this led to your condition worsening, your financial award may be reduced by a percentage based on your degree of liability.
Speak to a Westminster Uber and Lyft Accident Attorney Today
Once you drop that pin, you place your safety in the hands of someone else. If you believe your driver was negligent or behaved recklessly, turn to our Westminster rideshare accident attorneys. Dial 1-800-GO-HARRIS or shoot us an email via our Contact Page to schedule a free case review.