Westminster Truck Accident Attorneys
Westminster Truck Accident Attorneys
If you were the victim of a truck wreck, do not hesitate to reach out to lawyers for assistance. Our skilled Westminster truck accident attorneys have decades of collective experience helping victims fight for a fair settlement in the wake of a crash. We can assist in many ways such as timeously investigating the crash, taking steps to obtain and preserve evidence, and filing a suit against the liable parties if necessary. Contact us today at 1-800-GO-HARRIS to schedule your free initial consultation.
Qualities that Set HPIL Apart from Other Law Firms in Westminster
Finding the right lawyer to assist with your truck accident claim can seem like an overwhelming task. After all, from your medical bills to the hard work of healing, you already have a lot on your plate. However, hiring an attorney can help simplify your life as he or she will handle the logistics of your case, leaving you with the time and energy to focus on other matters. Here are a few qualities that set our personal injury attorneys apart from others in the area:
- Experience Handling Similar Claims: Personal injury is an expansive area of the law, encompassing anything from car wrecks to dog bites to slip and falls. While these claims do share many common elements, finding an attorney who has experience—and success—overseeing a particular type of claim could be in your best interests. A lawyer who has handled truck accident claims will have an in-depth understanding of the relevant case laws, statutes, and legal proceedings. At HPIL, we are also intimately familiar with the types of strategies used by insurers to dispute or deny claims and have developed many methods to mitigate or counter these and other issues that could affect the outcome of your claim.
- Accessible: With your financial future at stake, an unread text, missed call, or ignored email can mean the difference between painful uncertainty and peace of mind. As such, you should hire an attorney who will make sure to respond to your calls in a timely manner. At HPIL, our truck accident lawyers will update you on the progress of your case, answer your questions, and explain your role at every stage of proceedings. We are available to take your calls 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Positive Testimonials: Reviews can give you a window into an attorney’s areas of knowledge, the type of representation they provide, and their track record for winning certain claims. As such, if a law firm has numerous negative reviews it may be in your best interests to look elsewhere. At HPIL, we provide compassionate representation, prioritizing our clients’ health and emotional well-being as we do everything in our power to help them achieve a successful outcome in their claims. As such, we aim to make proceedings as simple and stress-free as possible, a fact you will see reflected in our many glowing reviews.
What Factors Could Influence My Financial Award?
Damages in a personal injury case are often divided into two distinct categories: Compensatory damages and punitive damages. Compensatory damages can encompass both the tangible and intangible effects of your injuries, from lost wages and medical bills to loss of life enjoyment and emotional distress. Alternatively, punitive damages are meant to punish the defendant to ensure that others don’t engage in the same negligent, reckless, or malicious behavior. Here are examples of compensatory damages that may be available in your case:
- Lost Income: Truck accident victims are often unable to return to work for days or weeks after the accident. Some may never be able to work again. Fortunately, lost earnings are one of many forms of compensation available to plaintiffs in a truck accident claim. Not only can you seek damages for wages lost thus far, but—if your injuries have caused long-term limitations—you may also be able to pursue compensation for loss of future earnings.
- Emotional Distress: In the moment, a truck accident can be incredibly traumatic. However, the emotional toll of a wreck doesn’t end there. It’s not unusual for victims to experience stress, anxiety, shock, and humiliation in the months following the accident. The psychological effects of this traumatic event and your injuries can have a significant impact on your quality of life. As such, plaintiffs are entitled to seek compensation for humiliation, emotional distress, and other intangible losses.
- Medical Expenses: From forking out thousands of dollars for treatments or footing the bill of regular physiotherapy sessions, an accident can wreck your savings. Typically, medical costs will make up a major portion of a damages award in a personal injury case.
- Additional Costs: Whether it’s covering the cost of alternative transportation, childcare, or home modifications, a sudden accident can lead to a host of unanticipated expenses. As such, you should track these costs diligently, compiling relevant invoices and receipts to share with your attorney during the initial consultation.
Connect with a Westminster Truck Accident Attorney Today
The truck company may commit considerable resources towards challenging your case. Hiring an attorney who has experience handling similar claims can help level the playing field. Our legal team has handled a wide variety of personal injury and wrongful death cases, including truck crashes, slip and falls, and dog bites. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or switch over to our contact page HERE to schedule a free case review.