Westminster Personal Injury Attorneys | Accident Lawyers
Westminster Train Accident Attorneys
In an era of instant rideshare trips and self-driving cars, many Californians still rely on the state’s expansive railway networks to get from A to B. Hopping on board is an easy, stress-free alternative to the hustle and bustle of the open road. However, taking the train isn’t without its risks. While accidents are uncommon, they do still happen with some victims suffering catastrophic injuries. Were you hurt on the rails, on the road, or on foot? Our Westminster train accident attorneys may be able to assist with your claim.
We are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to take your call. Reach out to us at 1-800-GO-HARRIS to discuss your circumstances with a personal injury attorney in Westminster.
Qualities That Set Our Personal Injury Attorneys Apart from Others in the Area
The legal team at HPIL has decades of collective experience overseeing wrongful death and personal injury claims. During this time, we’ve built a reputation for providing compassionate and effective legal representation. We believe that there is a strong connection between the passion we bring to every claim and our track record of success.
Below are a few qualities that set us apart from other attorneys in the area:
- We Are Skilled Litigators: Going to trial is a resource-intensive and time-consuming endeavor. As such, many personal injury lawyers are hesitant to file a lawsuit, with some even advising their clients to accept unfavorable offers to avoid the challenges of the courtroom. However, if opposing parties refuse to agree to a fair settlement, it could benefit you to have a skilled litigator in your corner. Not only might an insurer be less likely to dispute your case if they know you have the means to go to court, but you can also have the assurance that your lawyer is ready to advocate for you during trial if necessary. At HPIL, our train accident attorneys have a track record of success both in and out of court.
- We Are Accessible: Many attorneys promise open communication, but just as many do not follow through. The result: an endless stream of unread texts, unanswered calls, and unopened emails that can leave you feeling completely out of the loop. We understand that when your financial future is at stake, getting prompt answers to your questions and updates on the progress of your case can help you stay calm during this challenging chapter of your life. As such, we strive to respond to queries as soon as possible—whether it’s during the day, after hours, or even on weekends.
- We Offer Tailored Representation: While train accident claims share many of the same elements as other personal injury cases, every claim is ultimately unique. As such, a formulaic approach simply won’t yield the same results as tailored strategies and personalized representation. At HPIL, you are not just another number to us; your case will get the attention it deserves, and you and your family will be treated with professionalism, compassion, and respect from the moment you pick up the phone.
Important Terms to Learn When Filing a Train Accident Claim
Filing a claim after an accident can feel overwhelming. Besides the complex nature of proceedings, you may also encounter many terms that you’re unfamiliar with. Fortunately, when you hire a personal injury attorney, you won’t have to worry about brushing up on this glossary of indecipherable legalese and arcane jargon. Your lawyer can help explain any terms, laws, and statutes that might apply to your case.
However, while you wait to sit down with your attorney, it won’t hurt to familiarize yourself with a few terms you may encounter during your case, such as:
- Maximum Medical Improvement: This term refers to the point in your recovery where your condition is unlikely to improve with further treatment. In some situations, achieving maximum medical improvement (MMI) could mean making a full recovery; in others, you may have health complications and limitations for the rest of your life. It’s often best to wait until you’ve reached MMI before initiating the claims process so that you don’t underestimate the full costs related to treating your injuries.
- Duty of Care: This term refers to a legal obligation to act with reasonable care. In a train accident claim, the train driver and their employer have a duty of care to ensure the safety of those onboard. To obtain a financial award, you will need to show that these parties breached the duty of care owed to you as a passenger. For instance, if the railways were poorly maintained and this led to the accident, your attorney could argue that the train company was negligent.
- Negligence: This term refers to a party’s failure to take steps that someone of sound mind would take under the same circumstances. For instance, if the train driver was distracted and this led to the accident, one could argue that he or she behaved negligently.
Speak to a Westminster Train Accident Attorney Today
The days following a train accident can be challenging to say the least. Not only may you be in considerable pain, but it’s also likely your medical bills are adding up at an alarming rate. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we can help provide legal guidance in your time of need.
From connecting you with some of the best healthcare providers in the area to overseeing your personal injury claim, we can assist with all aspects of your case. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or swap over to our contact page HERE to book a free case review.