Westminster Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
Westminster Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
Were you or someone close to you injured in a pedestrian accident? Whether you were taking a stroll to the local store or exploring California’s scenic routes, our attorneys are here to help. We have years of experience handling personal injury claims, arming us with the knowledge and resources to hold negligent motorists responsible for the damage they cause to those on foot. Turn to our Westminster pedestrian accident attorneys to discuss your options. Our top priority is winning your claim, but we also strive to take care of you and your family’s needs during all stages of proceedings. Whether you need answers to your questions or want to meet with an attorney at the hospital, at home, or your local diner, we are available 24/7 to handle your requests. Dial 1-800-GO-HARRIS to talk with us about your situation.
Why Should I Start a Personal Injury Journal?
Pedestrian accidents often lead to serious injuries that can take months to heal. Recovery can be a long, agonizing, and emotionally taxing process with one day blurring into the next. As such, many victims find it difficult to recall every moment they felt pain, experienced medication side effects, or visited the doctor. However, your chances of obtaining a financial award may hinge on your ability to remember these details. Rather than trying to commit every waking moment to memory, you should start a personal injury journal to track your recovery and record other information related to the accident or your condition. Here a few items we might advise you to include in your journal:
- What Happened on the Day of the Accident? What were you doing before you were stuck by the motorist? What did the driver say immediately after the accident? Were there any eyewitnesses? Writing a personal account of what transpired on that fateful day will ensure your memories of the accident are preserved to share with your attorney during your initial consultation. Your lawyer may rely on this account to guide their investigation and identify any additional evidence that could help prove your claim. For instance, if you noted the positions of nearby surveillance cameras, your pedestrian accident lawyer may take steps to obtain such footage before it is erased.
- Do Your Injuries Limit You in Any Way? If you were unable to work, tackle household chores, engage in physical activity, or complete other everyday tasks, you should make notes on how your injuries inhibited you in these moments. These entries could help your attorney determine which losses may be available in your case. For example, if your injuries prevented you from enjoying your favorite past times, your lawyer may be able to help you build a case for loss of enjoyment of life.
- Have You Experienced Pain Since the Accident? On a scale of 1 to 10—with 10 representing extreme agony—how severe are these sensations? How often do you experience pain? What type of pain are you experiencing? Pain and suffering can have a major impact on your quality of life, making it difficult to focus on tasks and take part in previously enjoyable activities. While the psychological effects of your injuries are challenging to quantify, you do have a right to seek compensation for such losses. Your attorney may use your journal entries, expert witness deposition, and psychiatric reports to prove the intangible losses stemming from your injuries.
Qualities that Set HPI Apart from Other Law Firms
If you were seriously hurt through no fault of your own, a pedestrian accident attorney can assist you with your claim by investigating the accident and obtaining the necessary evidence to prove liability, causation, and damages. While most lawyers have the same qualifications, some aren’t equipped with the resources, knowledge, and experience necessary to provide tenacious representation at every stage of proceedings. As such, it pays to do your “homework” before hiring a personal injury attorney. At HPIL, your initial consultation is free. It’s a chance for you to get to know our lawyers and discover the many ways we can help you fight for a fair settlement. Here are just a few qualities that set our pedestrian accident apart from others:
- Experience Handling Many Different Types of Claims: Many personal injury law firms will only handle certain types of personal injury cases. For example, there are some practices who choose to focus primarily on car accidents, while others may dedicate their time to helping clients with slip and fall claims. However, what if you were injured in a pedestrian accident? You should make sure that your lawyer has overseen and won similar claims in the past. After all, proving liability in a pedestrian accident claim may require a different approach to demonstrating negligence in, for example, a medical malpractice claim. Our personal injury attorneys have overseen a variety of different cases, from slip and falls to dog bites to pedestrian accidents. Not only do we have an in-depth understanding of the case law, statutes, and proceedings that may play a role in your claim, but we also have a track record of success—in and out of court.
- Compassionate Representation: After suffering a serious injury in a pedestrian accident, it can feel like your life has been upended. The weeks that follow can be incredibly challenging as you grapple with new pains, growing expenses, and the realities of preparing a personal injury claim. At HPIL, we’re here to help guide you through these uncertain times. While our priority is to help you win your claim, we also strive to take care of our clients’ needs and well-being—whether that means working around your schedule, returning your calls promptly, or providing you with regular updates on the progress of your case.
- Trial Experience: Going to trial is not a decision to take lightly. A successful outcome is never a guarantee, and bringing a suit requires considerable resources, time, and money. Fortunately, most claims are settled out of court, so it’s unlikely your case will make the roll. However, if disputes cannot be resolved during settlement negotiations, it may be in your best interests to proceed to trial. In such scenarios, you will likely want an attorney in your corner who has the knowledge and experience to prevail in court. Our seasoned trial lawyers have decades of collective experience representing accident victims during settlement negotiations and trial. We’ve helped our clients obtain more than $300 million in damages awards.
Contact Us Today to Find a Westminster Pedestrian Accident Attorney
Navigating the world in the aftermath of an accident is a daunting task for anyone. Our attorneys are here to help guide you through this challenging chapter of your life. Dial 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact us via our contact form HERE to schedule your free initial consultation.