Avalon Personal Injury Attorneys | Accident Lawyers
Avalon Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
California’s busy streets and gridlocked roads can be dangerous places for the state’s bikers. It takes just one distracted driver to turn your morning commute into an ER visit. If you were hurt in a wreck caused by another motorist, turn to our Avalon motorcycle accident attorneys for tenacious representation.
We’ve dedicated our practice to helping injury victims fight for a fair settlement in the aftermath of an accident. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS to connect with a member of our legal team.
What Qualities Set HPI Apart from Other Law Firms in Avalon?
Finding an attorney to assist with your motorcycle accident claim can feel like a daunting prospect. There is no shortage of local firms eager to take on your case, but it can be difficult to determine which attorney is best suited to oversee your claim.
While lawyers may share the same qualifications, there can be a world of difference in the type of representation two attorneys provide. Additionally, some attorneys do not have experience in particular areas of the law. For instance, a lawyer who focuses primarily on dog bite cases, might not have the necessary knowledge to succeed in a motorcycle accident claim.
At HPI, our attorneys have overseen a variety of personal injury cases, from bike wrecks and truck accidents to slip and falls. Here are a few qualities that set us apart from other firms in Avalon:
- Experience Handling Motorcycle Claims: An attorney who has overseen motorcycle accident claims in the past will typically have in-depth knowledge of the statutes and relevant case laws that could apply in such cases. At HPI, we are also familiar with the kinds of strategies used by local insurance companies to dispute or deny claims. Over the years, we’ve developed many different strategies to counter or mitigate potential disputes, potentially helping you overcome any hurdles along the way.
- Our Team is Accessible: With your financial security up in the air, an unread text or ignored email can mean the difference between agonizing uncertainty and peace of mind. As such, hiring an attorney who will strive to return your calls as soon as possible can be an invaluable asset during this challenging chapter of your life. At HPI, our motorcycle accident attorneys will provide regular updates on the progress of your claim, answer your questions, and explain your role at each step of proceedings. Our legal team is available 24/7 to take your calls.
- We Have Positive Reviews: Reviews aren’t just a great way to assess your options when buying a new appliance, car, or finding an engrossing movie on date night. Reading testimonials from past clients can also give you invaluable insight into the type of representation a particular attorney provides. At HPI, we provide compassionate representation, prioritizing our clients’ emotional well-being as we work to help them win their claims. We believe our approach has contributed to our track record of success; a fact you can see reflected in our many positive reviews.
How Long Will My Motorcycle Accident Claim Take?
If your accident–related expenses are adding up, it’s likely you’ll be eager to get hold of a settlement as soon as possible. As such, you may be wondering when you may receive these funds. However, there is no strict timeline for a personal injury case. Depending on the circumstances surrounding your claim it could take anywhere from a few weeks to several months for proceedings to conclude.
Let’s explore a few factors that could affect the duration of your claim:
- Are There Multiple Liable Parties? Whether there were multiple motorists involved in the collision, one of the drivers was employed by a rideshare service or commercial trucking company, or you were partially liable for causing the accident, there are many scenarios where there may be more than one liable party. With numerous liable parties involved, there’s a high likelihood that someone will dispute how liability is apportioned, which can prolong proceedings. Our Avalon motorcycle accident attorneys can help mitigate these disputes by gathering and compiling evidence of liability and approximating each party’s percentage share of liability based on the unique circumstances of your case, statutes, and relevant case laws.
- How Much Are You Seeking? Typically, the less you are seeking in damages, the less incentive the insurance company will have to devote resources towards disputing your claim. As such, if you are seeking a considerable sum, the insurer may be looking for a reason to reduce or deny your claim. For instance, they could order an independent medical examination to find evidence that you have a pre-existing condition, you may be placed under surveillance, or the claims adjuster might comb through your social media feeds. These are just some of the methods opposing parties may use to find evidence to dispute liability and damages.
- Did You Make Any Mistakes? For most accident victims, the claims process can feel foreign and overwhelming. You may not be aware that the insurer is likely looking for any evidence that could be used to devalue or deny your claim. As such, your actions will be put under the microscope, and it takes just a few minor missteps to sink your chances of achieving a favorable outcome. For example, if you posted about the accident on social media, it’s possible your comments contradicted other evidence in your case. Alternatively, if you provided a statement to the insurer, they may use what you’ve said to dispute aspects of your case. At HPI, our attorneys can help guide you through proceedings, advising you on many of the mistakes you should avoid while your claim is pending.
Speak to an Avalon Motorcycle Accident Attorney Today
If you’ve looked at motorcycle accident statistics in California, it can feel like being involved in an accident is a foregone conclusion. However, that doesn’t mean that you and your family should be straddled with the consequences of this tragic event for the rest of your lives.
At HPI, we know what it takes to succeed in a motorcycle accident claim, and can handle the logistics of your case so you can focus on your recovery. Call us today at 1-800-GO-HARRIS or skip through to our contact page HERE to pencil in a consultation.