Avalon Personal Injury Attorneys | Accident Lawyers
Avalon Uber and Lyft Accident Attorneys
Millions of Americans rely on rideshare services like Uber and Lyft to get around. Easy to arrange and cheaper than most traditional taxis, it may seem like there’s no downside to this tap-and-go transport system. However, what happens if you’re injured in a crash while on a rideshare trip? Who is liable for your damages? Our Avalon Uber and Lyft accident attorneys are here to answer your questions and guide you through the days ahead.
At HPI, our legal team is committed to helping accident victims recover the compensation they need to get their lives back on track. Whether it’s collecting and compiling evidence, estimating the value of your damages, or negotiating a fair settlement, we provide tenacious representation and legal guidance at all stages of proceedings. Call us today at 1-800-GO-HARRIS to connect with one of our rideshare accident attorneys.
How Long Will It Take to Resolve My Claim?
As your medical expenses pile up, you’re likely eager to get your hands on a personal injury settlement. However, those funds may only be available weeks or even months after you file your claim—or not at all if your claim is unsuccessful. For instance, if you encounter disputes, your attorney may have to gather additional evidence to counter such defenses. If you are unable to resolve these issues during settlement negotiations, you may have to file a lawsuit, a legal commitment that could set you back several months.
Let’s examine a few other factors that could affect the timeline of your case:
- Do You Have Strong Evidence? Did anyone see the accident take place? Was the accident recorded by a surveillance camera? Did you take photos at the scene? The more evidence you have at your disposal, the less likely you will be to face disputes. Our Avalon Uber and Lyft accident attorneys can conduct a thorough investigation into the rideshare wreck and compile all available evidence to prove liability and damages. If an individual or entity refuses to hand over certain information, we can apply legal pressure to obtain this evidence before it is destroyed or becomes unavailable for any other reason.
- Have You Reached Maximum Medical Improvement? A common error many claimants make is accepting a settlement offer that doesn’t account for both past and future damages. If you’re still undergoing treatment, it’s possible that your medical bills will cost more than you anticipated. However, if you’ve already accepted a settlement, you and your family will be on the hook for the remainder. As such, we usually advise our clients to wait until they’ve achieved maximum medical improvement (MMI) before agreeing to an offer. MMI is the point in your recovery where your condition isn’t expected to improve any further with treatment. As such, the longer you take to recover, the longer you may have to wait for your claim to be resolved.
- How Much Are You Pursuing? If you are seeking a considerable sum, the insurer and other opposing parties will have a strong incentive to dispute aspects of your case.
- Are There Multiple Liable Parties? If there is more than one liable party, it’s possible that those involved may dispute how liability is apportioned.
What Damages Can I Recover in a Personal Injury Case?
If you suffered a serious injury in a rideshare accident, your medical costs may already be adding up at a rapid pace. To make matters worse, your condition may prevent you from returning to work, stripping you and your loved ones of days—if not weeks—of earnings. An accident can put immense strain on your finances, setting you and your family on a one-way road to financial turmoil.
Filing a personal injury claim can help you hold the liable parties financially accountable for the damage they’ve caused, potentially giving you access to funds to pay for your treatment and cover your other losses. At HPI, our rideshare accident attorneys can assess your situation to determine which damages might be recoverable in your case.
Let’s examine the three main categories of damages awarded to personal injury victims:
- Tangible Losses: This category covers the direct economic damages caused by the accident such as your medical costs, repair expenses, lost wages, and the future losses you are likely to incur as a result of the wreck.
- Intangible Losses: Some of the losses stemming from a rideshare accident are not accompanied by a receipt or invoice. Many victims experience pain and suffering due to their injuries. Some may find it difficult to enjoy life and develop psychological conditions such as depression and post-traumatic stress. Depending on your situation, you may be able to seek compensation for such non-economic damages.
- Punitive Damages: Often referred to as exemplary damages, punitive damages may be awarded if it’s ruled that the liable parties acted with oppression, malice, or fraud.
Speak to an Uber and Lyft Accident Attorney in Avalon
At HPI, we know that suffering a serious injury can take its toll on you and your family both financially and emotionally. We provide personalized representation, tailoring our approach to your situation to ensure that you get the full range of benefits of hiring a skilled rideshare accident attorney. Reach us at 1-800-GO-HARRIS or click HERE for our contact page to lock in a date for your free case evaluation.