Avalon Personal Injury Attorneys | Accident Lawyers
Avalon Truck Accident Attorneys
Due to the immense size and weight of most big rigs, accidents involving trucks are often more likely to result in catastrophic injuries than other road wrecks. As such, if you were hurt in a collision with one of these giant vehicles, you have probably incurred significant medical expenses in the aftermath of this traumatic event. At HPI, our Avalon truck accident attorneys may be able to help you recover fair compensation for your losses.
We are available to take your calls 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Dial 1-800-GO-HARRIS to get started.
What Damages Might Be Available in My Truck Wreck Claim?
Even if you have strong evidence to prove who caused the accident, you will not be able to recover compensation for your losses unless you can demonstrate the damages you incurred. Let’s look at some of the losses that may be recoverable as part of your claim:
- Lost Earning Potential: If you suffered a permanent injury or disability that has left you unable to return to work, you could potentially receive compensation for lost earning potential. To prove such damages, your truck wreck attorney might need to consult with economists and vocational experts who can help outline your expected career trajectory and estimate the value of future lost wages and benefits.
- Lost Income: Even a minor injury can leave you unable to return to work, depriving you and your loved ones of weeks—or months—of wages. Fortunately, these losses could be factored into the potential recovery. Our Avalon truck accident attorneys can assess your situation, help gather and compile the available evidence, and consult with expert witnesses if necessary to estimate a fair settlement for your lost earnings.
- Loss of Enjoyment: Whether your condition prevents you from enjoying your favorite pastimes, or you’ve experienced extreme pain and discomfort since the accident, suffering an injury can degrade your quality of life. Some injuries can lead to feelings of inadequacy and humiliation, and many victims develop depression, post-traumatic stress, and other disorders in the wake of a wreck. These non-economic damages often fall under the category of “hedonic damages”, otherwise referred to as loss of enjoyment of life.
- Medical Bills: From X-rays to prescription medication to ambulance fees, many of the healthcare costs you’ve incurred might be recoverable. Essentially, your settlement should account for all necessary and reasonable expenses you’ve had to pay as a direct result of the accident, and healthcare interventions that—due to your injury—you are likely to require in the foreseeable future.
- Pain and Suffering: While we all experience pain differently, there is no doubt that it can have a profound impact on your everyday life. During recovery, the pain can make it difficult to focus on your job, take care of your children, or engage in physical activity. As such, plaintiffs in California have a right to seek compensation for these intangible losses. Our attorneys may advise you to start tracking your pain levels, symptoms, and limitations in a journal to help illustrate the severity of your condition.
Qualities That Set Our Personal Injury Attorneys Apart from Others in Avalon
The personal injury lawyers at HPI have decades of combined experience representing accident victims throughout California. We understand the immense strain a serious injury can put on your financial, psychological, and physical well-being. As such, we give each case the attention it deserves, doing everything in our power to achieve a successful outcome.
Let’s look at some of the many qualities that set our legal team apart from others in Avalon:
- You Will Have a Direct Line to Your Attorney: Many attorneys will promise round-the-clock accessibility, but can take days or even weeks to respond to calls and emails. With your financial future at stake, getting prompt answers to your case-related questions can mean the difference between panicking and peace of mind. As such, we strive to return calls, emails, and texts as soon as possible, making sure to provide regular updates on the progress of your case and taking time to educate our clients at each step of the claims process.
- We Are Skilled Litigators: Succeeding during trial requires a considerable investment of time and resources. As a result, many personal injury attorneys are reluctant to take this step, with some even advising accident victims to accept an unfavorable settlement to avoid the headaches and hassle of filing a lawsuit. However, if the insurance company or another opposing party refuses to agree to a fair amount, your best option might be to take your case to trial. Additionally, if the insurance company is aware that your attorney has a track record of success in court, they may be less likely to dispute aspects of your case.
- We Provide Tailored Representation: A one-size-fits-all approach might work for your sock collection, but it won’t cut it during settlement negotiations or trial. No two cases are identical, and therefore, it’s necessary to investigate the accident thoroughly before proceeding with your claim. At HPI, your truck accident claim will receive the attention it deserves, and you and your loved ones will be treated with respect, compassion, and professionalism from day one.
Connect With a Truck Accident Attorney In Avalon Today
If you are seeking a significant sum, it’s likely that the trucking company and their insurer will commit considerable resources into challenging your claim. Hiring a lawyer who has overseen similar claims to yours in the past can help level the playing field.
At HPI, we have represented truck accident victims across the state, helping many of our clients obtain the compensation they need to move on with their lives. Reach out to us at 1-800-GO-HARRIS or click through to our contact form to lock in a free initial consultation.