Avalon Personal Injury Attorneys | Accident Lawyers
Avalon Wrongful Death Attorneys
When a loved one is snatched away, it can feel like your whole world has been turned upside down. In an instant, you’ve been robbed of their companionship, guidance, and emotional support. However, if their death was caused due to someone else’s negligence, this loss can feel particularly heartbreaking. At HPIL, our Avalon wrongful death attorneys can help you hold the at-fault parties financially responsible for the damage they’ve done.
While we know that no amount of money can ever replace a loved one, the financial recovery in a personal injury case can provide some relief during the dark days ahead. We can assist with all aspects of your claim, from collecting and compiling evidence of liability and damages to litigating your case. Dial 1-800-GO-HARRIS to discuss your options with one of our wrongful death attorneys.
Who Can File a Wrongful Death Lawsuit?
If you have recently lost a loved one to an accident, you may be wondering if you can file a lawsuit against the at-fault individual or entity. According to the state’s wrongful death statute, the following parties have a legal right to bring a wrongful death suit:
- The deceased’s surviving domestic partner or spouse
- The deceased’s surviving children; and
- The deceased’s grandchildren (if the deceased’s children are also deceased).
However, if there is no surviving heir in the deceased person’s line of descent, a wrongful death suit may be filed by anyone who would be entitled to the deceased’s property via intestate succession. These parties can include the deceased’s siblings and/or parents. Additionally, the following parties may also be able to bring a wrongful death lawsuit in the state if they can demonstrate that they were financially dependent on the deceased:
- The deceased’s stepchildren.
- The deceased’s putative spouse (someone who had the mistaken belief that they were in a lawful marriage with the deceased).
- Children of the deceased’s putative spouse.
- The deceased’s legal guardians.
How Our Avalon Wrongful Death Attorneys Can Help
Choosing a suitable wrongful death attorney to handle your case could be one of the most important decisions you make for your financial future. While lawyers might share similar qualifications, some may lack the knowledge or experience to provide competent and personalized representation. Others might be overworked, and are unable to give your case the attention it deserves.
At HPIL, we understand that losing a loved one can be devastating both financially and emotionally. As such, we approach each case with compassion, respect, and utmost professionalism. No matter the value of your case, we will do everything in our power to help you obtain a reasonable financial award.
Let’s look at a few more equalities that set us apart from other wrongful death attorneys in Avalon:
- Extensive Litigation Experience: Personal injury claims are notoriously unpredictable; so even if you have sufficient evidence to prove liability and damages, there’s no guarantee that the insurer or another opposing party will agree to a fair settlement. As such, it may be in your best interests to have a seasoned trial attorney by your side. Not only will this send a message to the defense that you’re taking your claim seriously, but you will also have the means to go to court if negotiations are unsuccessful.
- Track Record of Success Handling Wrongful Death Claims: With decades of collective experience representing accident victims and their families, we have helped secure substantial payouts for our clients. Not only do we understand the relevant case law and statutes that apply to a range of personal injury cases, but we also provide tenacious representation at every step of proceedings. We are intimately familiar with the types of strategies used by insurers to devalue or deny claims, and can help anticipate disputes before they arise.
- Honest Approach: Some wrongful death attorneys will tell you exactly what they think you want to hear. The result: you won’t be prepared for potential disputes and delays, making every twist and turn feel like an ambush. At HPIL, we practice with integrity, which means we will be upfront about any weaknesses in your claim and issues you are likely to face during proceedings.
- Accessibility: Wrongful death cases can be incredibly complex, so it’s likely you will have many questions during proceedings. With your financial future at stake, you deserve prompt and detailed answers. However, with some law firms, an open line of communication is never a guarantee. There are many attorneys who will take several days to respond to your messages, and their answers are often unsatisfactory. At HPIL, you will have a direct line to your attorney who will provide regular updates on the progress of your case and explain your role at every stage of proceedings.
Find a Wrongful Death Attorney in Avalon Today
After losing someone close to you in an accident, it can be difficult to focus on anything beyond the pain, grief, and anger that often accompanies a sudden loss. At HPIL, our seasoned attorneys can oversee the logistics of your claim, giving you the time and space to focus on taking care of yourself and your loved ones. To schedule a case evaluation, click through to our contact page HERE or reach out to us directly on 1-800-GO-HARRIS. The initial consultation is free.