Anaheim Personal Injury Lawyers | Accident Attorneys
Anaheim Brain Injury Attorneys
Brain injuries are one of the most common and potentially dangerous types of personal injury. While symptoms are often subtle, they can cause life-threatening complications and may leave you with permanent impairments. In these situations, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers provide the trusted legal representation you need to get compensation in a claim.
With decades worth of combined experience, our Anaheim brain injury attorneys have a proven track record of success in helping clients get the maximum amount they are entitled to for medical expenses, lost wages, and other costs they incur. To find out how we can assist you, contact 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation today.
Our Anaheim Brain Injury Attorneys Protect Your Rights In Filing A Claim
Traumatic brain injuries (TBI) can occur when any type of bump, blow, or jolt to the head disrupts neural pathways. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), more than 2.5 million people visit hospital emergency rooms as a result of brain injuries each year. Accidents caused by the reckless and negligent actions of others are often to blame.
Harris Personal Injury Lawyers helps you hold responsible parties accountable in these situations. As experienced Anaheim brain injury attorneys, we defend your rights when brain injuries occur due to various causes, including:
- Car, truck, and motorcycle accidents, which are often caused by speeding, driving under the influence, and other dangerous driving behaviors.
- Bicycle and pedestrian accidents, which often occur in intersections or crosswalks due to driver inattention;
- Slips, trips, and falls, due to wet floors, uneven sidewalks, and poor lighting;
- Getting struck by or against objects, due to debris in construction areas, loose fixtures, or improperly stocked shelves.
- Sports and recreational accidents, due to failure to follow proper safety precautions.
Even a seemingly minor accident could result in potentially serious brain injuries. To protect yourself and your rights in a claim, seek medical attention immediately any time a head or brain injury is suspected.
Protecting You Against Long Term Impacts of Brain Injuries
The National Institutes of Health (NIH) warns that symptoms of brain injuries may be subtle at first. These can include feeling lightheaded, an inability to focus, and sensory impairments, such as double vision. You may also have difficulty recalling the accident or the details of what happened.
Over time, these could develop into permanent impairments impacting your thought processes, memory, and communications skills. Physical symptoms are common, such as headaches or chronic insomnia, as are personality changes. This can include increased anxiety, depression, or fits of rage. To protect yourself and your rights to compensation in this situation, contact our Anaheim brain injury attorneys before making any statements to insurers or others involved.
What Are My Options In Seeking Compensation For Brain Injuries?
Under Section 1714 of the California Civil Code, you may be entitled to compensation for brain injuries if they are caused by another’s reckless actions or if someone failed to take the proper precautions to prevent accidents and injuries from occurring. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., we can outline the options available in your case:
- Filing a claim against the at-fault party’s insurer;
- Filing a personal injury lawsuit, in the event an insurance policy is not in place or an adequate settlement can not be reached.
Filing a personal injury lawsuit is often the best course of action, as it may entitle you to additional types of compensation not available through an insurance policy.
What Types of Compensation Am I Entitled To?
As experienced Anaheim brain injury attorneys, our top priority is protecting our clients. Our legal team is dedicated to helping you get the maximum amount you need to recover. Depending on the circumstances, compensatory damages you may be entitled to include:
- Economic damages: These are meant to cover actual costs you incur, including current and future medical expenses, lost wages, and losses in future earnings or benefits.
- Non-economic damages: These are designed to cover the intangible costs associated with your brain injuries. They include pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment in life, and emotional distress.
How Much Does It Cost To Hire A Brain Injury Attorney in Anaheim?
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., we understand the serious financial hardships that can go along with personal injuries. As a result, our Anaheim brain injury attorneys work on a contingency basis. This means that you owe nothing in terms of attorney fees unless we successfully resolve your claim. To see some of the outcomes we obtained for other clients, check out our top case results page.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS To Schedule A Free Consultation Today
When you or someone you love suffers a brain injury, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. acts as a strong legal ally on your side. Let us help you get the compensation you need to recover. Contact our Anaheim brain injury attorney online or call 1-800-GO-HARRIS to request a free consultation today.