Anaheim Personal Injury Lawyers | Accident Attorneys
Anaheim Bus Accident Attorneys
Buses provide a steady form of transportation for residents and visitors throughout Anaheim. Shuttles carry people across town or to local resorts and airports while larger mass transit systems pick up and drop off passengers in Los Angeles and throughout the state. Considering the amount of service offered in our area, it is not uncommon for bus accidents to occur. When they do, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., provides the professional legal guidance you need.
As experienced Anaheim bus accident attorneys, we protect people who suffer serious and potentially life-threatening injuries when bus crashes and collisions occur. Our case results show a proven track record of success in helping clients get the maximum amount of compensation they are entitled to in injury claims. To discuss your options in seeking compensation for bus accident injuries, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS today.
Cases Our Anaheim Bus Accident Attorneys Represent
Orange County Transit Authority (OCTA) provides more than 77 bus routes and over 6,200 bus stops in and around the Anaheim area. Add in the number of both public and private charters, school buses, and shuttles competing for space on already crowded roads and it is easy to see why bus accidents are common.
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., our Anaheim bus accident attorneys have decades worth of combined experience helping people in these types of cases. We protect the best interests of our clients when the following types of bus accidents occur:
- Reckless driving related bus accidents, such as when drivers engage in speeding, running red lights, and other dangerous and illegal behaviors;
- Aggressive driving related bus accidents, caused by actions on the part of the driver such as tailgating, improper passing, and failure to yield;
- Impaired driving bus accidents, in which the driver was under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or medications;
- Third-party bus accidents, caused by the actions of other motorists on the road;
- Bus accidents caused by vehicle malfunctions and maintenance issues, such as tire blowouts and brake failures;
- On-board mishaps, such as sudden stops and jolts which cause serious injuries for passengers;
- Bus accidents caused by poor bus company policies, such as providing a lack of training or over scheduling trips.
Who Is Responsible For My Bus Accident Injuries?
Under Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) guidelines, there are complex rules and procedures bus companies must follow and strict qualifications the drivers they hire must meet. When bus accidents do happen, there are often multiple parties responsible.
As experienced Anaheim bus accident attorneys, our legal team will thoroughly investigate your case to determine who can be held accountable in an injury claim. Depending on the situation, this may include:
- The bus driver: If their reckless and negligent driving behavior is responsible, they can be held liable through any insurance coverage in place or through a bus accident injury lawsuit.
- The company they work for: If the bus company owners or administrators were in any way negligent, they can also face insurance claims and lawsuits seeking compensation for victims.
- Bus maintenance technicians: If maintenance issues were to blame, these workers can be held liable for your losses.
- The bus manufacturer: When mechanical or design defects result in bus accidents or serve to increase the severity of injuries you suffer, manufacturers may be required to provide compensation.
What Types of Compensation Am I Entitled To After A Bus Accident?
In the aftermath of a bus accident, you may be legally entitled to compensation through an insurance claim against the bus driver or others involved. However, it is important to get our experienced Anaheim bus accident attorneys on your side before making any statements or accepting any settlements. As insurance companies are for-profit businesses, their bottom line is profits. It is common practice for these companies to either deny or downplay claims.
Under Section 1714 of the California Civil Code, individuals and groups can be held legally accountable for putting people in danger or for not taking the proper steps to protect them. In the case of bus accidents, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. can negotiate with their insurers on your behalf, defending your rights in a settlement. If the appropriate amount can not be reached, we can assist you in filing a lawsuit against them. Compensation available in these types of claims include:
- Current medical expenses and any future medical costs you are likely to incur;
- Lost wages and future losses in earnings due to lingering disabilities;
- Pain and suffering, which can help compensate you for the mental anguish and loss of enjoyment in life caused by your bus accident or injuries.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS To Schedule A Free Consultation
Bus companies have teams of attorneys working to defend them when bus accidents happen. Get Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. on your side to ensure your rights to compensation are protected. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Anaheim bus accident attorneys online today to schedule a free consultation.