Anaheim Personal Injury Lawyers | Accident Attorneys
Anaheim Uber and Lyft Accident Attorneys
Ridesharing allows you to avoid the high cost of car ownership and is a safe, convenient option when you are out with friends and have had too much to drink. However, it is important to be aware of the risks. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., we represent people involved in Uber and Lyft accidents, many of whom suffer serious and potentially life-threatening injuries.
Ridesharing accidents are increasingly common and happen for a variety of reasons. When they impact you or someone you love, our experienced Anaheim Uber and Lyft accident attorneys offer aggressive legal representation so you can get compensation for injuries. To discuss your accident and how we can help, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS today.
Types of Ride Sharing Accidents Our Anaheim Uber and Lyft Accident Attorneys Represent
When ridesharing services were first introduced in 2010, they were hailed for their convenience, cost efficiency, and potential for reducing traffic gridlock. While there were some general safety concerns, reports from the National Traffic Administration (NHTSA) showing an overall reduction in serious and potentially life-threatening car accidents silenced the more vocal critics.
Unfortunately, in the years since, these numbers have once again begun to climb. With increasing reports of Uber and Lyft accidents making headlines, people are pointing at ridesharing services as being partly to blame. When these accidents happen, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. provides the trusted legal guidance and aggressive representation you need. As experienced Uber and Lyft accident attorneys, common types of ridesharing accident cases we represent include:
- Collisions attributed to traffic violations, such as speeding or running red lights;
- Uber or Lyft drivers who are distracted at the time of a crash;
- Drivers under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or medications;
- Uber and Lyft accidents involving third parties, where another motorist is to blame;
- Crashes in which the underlying cause is poor policies on the part of the ridesharing company.
Who Is Responsible For My Uber or Lyft Accident Injuries?
Under Section 1714 of the California Civil Code, everyone is responsible for their own actions or inaction which may have put others at risk. When an Uber or Lyft accident occurs, the driver or third parties involved can be held liable through an insurance claim, as can the company itself.
As experienced Uber and Lyft accident attorneys, we may be able to show that even in cases where a ridesharing driver was clearly responsible, policies on the part of the ridesharing company made the accident more likely to occur. These include:
- Failing to properly screen drivers before hiring;
- Ignoring traffic tickets or a history prior of car accidents;
- Failing to properly train drivers in company policies before putting them on the road;
- Failing to properly monitor shifts, vehicles used in service, or other activities drivers may have engaged in.
While Uber and Lyft hire drivers are hired as independent contractors, this does not eliminate the responsibility ridesharing companies have in protecting the safety of passengers.
How Can I Get Compensation For Injuries I Suffer In An Uber or Lyft Accident?
Whenever an Uber or Lyft accident occurs, it is important to report it to the police and to seek medical attention immediately. Not doing so could jeopardize your rights in a ridesharing accident claim. Our Uber and Lyft accident attorneys can guide you in your options when it comes to seeking compensation in these types of cases. These include:
- Filing a claim against the at-fault Uber or Lyft driver: Be sure and get their name, driver’s license number, and insurance information at the scene.
- Filing a claim against any other drivers involved: Other drivers may be held liable if their actions contributed to your accident or injuries. Make sure to get their contact and insurance information as well.
- Filing a claim against the ridesharing company: Uber provides up to $1 million in car accident insurance on drivers, as does Lyft. In addition to seeking compensation through these policies, you may be able to file a lawsuit against the company itself.
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., we have the skill and legal expertise needed to advise you on the best course of action in seeking compensation for Uber and Lyft accidents. Our top case results show a proven track record of success in obtaining millions of dollars in settlements on behalf of our clients.
To Schedule A Free Consultation, Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS
When ridesharing accidents happen, companies such as Uber and Lyft have teams of attorneys on their side, ready to defend them and their drivers against claims. Get our legal team at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. on yours.
Injuries you suffer in an Uber or Lyft accident can leave you with lingering disabilities, requiring ongoing medical care. To ensure you get the compensation you need to recover, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Anaheim Uber and Lyft accident attorneys online and request a free consultation today.