Ross Mckissick, Esq.
He may be an Italian chef in the evening and a tennis player on the weekends, but during the day, Ross Mckissick, is one of our leading litigation attorneys in San Jose. Ross grew up in Fallbrook, California, and was inspired by his father to become an attorney. Ross attended Brigham Young University in Provo and received his B.A. in Italian and business management. Throughout his undergraduate career, Ross studied abroad in Italy, participated in domestic and foreign legal internships, and graduated with honors.
Soon after, Ross attended Thomas Jefferson School of Law in San Diego. During law school, Ross earned many awards and was part of several honor societies. Upon graduation, Ross decided he wanted to dedicate his career to helping individuals in need. Ross strives to be a superior attorney by remembering that every person and case is different and requires a unique approach. With his open mindset, outstanding work ethic and impeccable attention to detail, Ross is a great addition to the Bay Area legal team. We are thrilled to have him at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc.
An Interview with Ross Mckissick: A San Jose Personal Injury Lawyer
- Was there someone who influenced you to be an attorney? “This is a difficult question to answer for me because I have had so many role models. My dad went to law school and many people I know helped guide me here. Though someone that helped me through the process of becoming an attorney was a retired Marine Corps Judge. He not only mentored me about how to properly represent a client but also gave me lasting instruction on how to be an ethical attorney.”
- What schools did you go to? “I went to Brigham Young University where I got a BA in Italian and Business Management. After I graduated I attended Thomas Jefferson School of Law in San Diego.”
- What do you like most about being a PI attorney? “My favorite part about being a PI attorney is the variety of cases I receive and the difference in the facts of each case. The constant change helps me to stay focused and better assist those in need.”
- What are you the most passionate about? “Family and Faith. However, I am passionate about learning and developing myself mentally. I love to spend time with my family, and thankfully, they challenge me to learn more every day. I spend a lot of my spare time learning new languages and reading articles on Wikipedia.”
- What is your philosophy when representing a case? “My Philosophy is that every person is different, and each case has a unique approach. I keep an open mind and make sure to check every possible outcome.”
- Favorite restaurant in San Jose? “There are a lot to choose from in the city itself but a restaurant that I could eat at right now would be Brown Chicken Brown Cow. It is actually in Campbell, but it is a great burger restaurant.”
- Favorite place to vacation? “My absolute favorite destination to visit is Venice Italy. However, anywhere in Italy feels like a second home to me.”
- Favorite band/concert? “I have to say my favorite band today is Artic Monkeys and my favorite concert was Weezer at the Del Mar fairgrounds in San Diego.”
- A fun fact or something exciting about you or your life/family. “A fun fact about my family life is that my wife is a photographer. She loves to take pictures and travel for social media, so she can show off how travel friendly our son is. So, if you ever see her crafted photos remember that I am the “Instagram husband” behind the scenes.”