Tanya Ortega-Rittger joined Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. in October of 2014, and represents injured clients out of the San Luis Obispo office. Tanya is known in San Luis Obispo for her accomplishments in the courtroom, ensuring that her clients get the maximum compensation they deserve. Tanya was named a 2017 Rising Star by Super Lawyers, an achievement limited to the top 2.5% of attorneys in California. Her passion for personal injury litigation is admirable and a true inspiration to those at the firm.
Tanya began her legal career in Chicago working for an insurance defense firm. She was hired to defend Fortune 500 companies against personal injury claims. She took that knowledge and is now on the other side of the spectrum, representing injured people against big insurance companies. Tanya found passion in helping people, and she truly enjoys building relationships with her clients from the beginning. Tanya strives for success, which is directly correlated to her philosophy of outworking the competition. Harris Personal Injury Lawyers is proud to have Tanya represent injured clients for Harris Personal Injury Lawyers in the San Luis Obispo area.
- What schools did you go to? “Texas Academy of Leadership in the Humanities (last two years of high school and first two years of undergrad concurrently), University of Houston (undergrad) and Valparaiso University School of Law.”
- What do you like most about being a PI attorney? “I love the relationship that is built with my clients during each stage of litigation. By the time we get to trial, we trust each other implicitly and become like family. The relationship and bond can last a lifetime.”
- What are you the most passionate about? “Exercising and staying active. A lot of meditation and problem-solving happens on long runs with my girlfriends. It’s the only way to stay sane.”
- What is your philosophy when presenting a case? “I have two philosophies that go hand-in-hand that I apply to all areas of my life: (1) Always outwork the competition. (2) Always be the most prepared, organized and professional person in the room.”
- Favorite food? “Yellow-fin tuna caught by my husband.”
- Favorite place to vacation? “Anywhere we can explore and be active!! Some of my favorites have been snowboarding in Colorado, rock climbing in Banff, snorkeling in Kauai and music fests all over the country with our best friends.”
- Fun fact about our family: “My husband and daughter are named Aaron and Erin, respectively, which can cause A LOT of confusion in conversations. We are having a baby boy in November!!”