Calabasas Personal Injury Lawyers | Accident Attorneys
Calabasas Bus Accident Attorneys
Bus accidents can happen under a variety of circumstances. Whether it involves nearby pedestrians or passengers on trips, injuries you suffer have the potential to be severe. In these situations, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. helps you get the compensation you are entitled to in a claim.
Our Calabasas bus accident attorneys have decades worth of experience representing clients and defending their rights when dealing with bus companies. Check out our top case results, which show settlements and jury awards totaling millions of dollars in similar cases. To find out how we can help you, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation today.
Common Types of Cases Our Calabasas Bus Accident Attorneys Represent
For those seeking an alternative to the hassle and expense of driving, services provided through the City of Calabasas and expanded routes offered by MetroLink provide plenty of options. While many residents consider taking the bus safer than driving, accidents and other mishaps that occur before, during, or after your trip present significant risks.
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we provide the aggressive legal representation you need when injuries occur. While you focus on your recovery, our Calabasas bus accident attorneys focus on getting you the compensation you are entitled to in a claim. Common types of cases we represent include:
- Bus accidents that occur while waiting at stops or stations;
- Accidents that occur during the boarding process;
- Onboard incidents, such as when passengers suffer falls, get thrown from seats, or struck by objects;
- Bus accidents involving collisions with other vehicles or stationary objects;
- Bus accidents involving bicyclists or nearby pedestrians;
- Rollover bus accidents, which can impact passengers and other motorists on the road.
What Causes Bus Accidents To Happen?
According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), nearly 70,000 bus accidents are reported throughout the country each year. These figures only include bus crashes and collisions while other types of serious onboard mishaps are likely to go unrecorded. Mile for mile, your chances of being injured riding or waiting for a bus are generally higher than most people think.
When accidents impact you or a loved one, our experienced Calabasas bus accident attorneys investigate the underlying causes. Factors that often play a role include:
- Reckless driving behavior on the part of the bus driver, such as speeding, aggressive driving, and driving under the influence;
- The driver’s failure in properly providing for passengers and protecting their safety during trips;
- Mechanical failures due to faulty parts and a general lack of maintenance, which makes crashes and collisions more likely to occur;
- Negligence on the part of the bus company for failing to screen drivers, over-scheduling, and not providing safe bus stops or proper management of routes.
How Can I Get Compensation For Bus Accident Injuries?
Even a relatively minor bus accident can leave you suffering serious and potentially debilitating personal injuries. Muscle strains and sprains, broken bones, severe lacerations, and head, back or neck injuries are all common. These can take months or even years to recover from, leaving you facing lost wages and mounting medical expenses. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we help you get the compensation you need to recover in a bus accident claim.
Our legal team can thoroughly review your case to determine the causes and who is responsible. Even if the bus driver is clearly at fault, the bus company may share a portion of the blame. You may be entitled to compensation through insurance policies that are in place. Unfortunately, dealing with these companies can prove challenging and it is not uncommon for them to either deny or downplay your claim.
Can I Sue The Bus Company?
Bus companies have teams of attorneys on their side, defending them against claims. Get our experienced Calabasas bus accident attorneys on yours. We can negotiate with insurers on your behalf. If a settlement cannot be reached or your injuries are severe, we can guide you in filing a lawsuit against the bus company. Damages you may be entitled to under the California Statutes include:
- Economic damages, which cover your actual costs. This includes your current medical costs and lost wages, as well as any future expenses and lost income or benefits you incur in future years.
- Non-economic damages, which cover intangible costs. This includes any disfigurement or disabilities caused by your accident and the pain, suffering, and loss of enjoyment in life you experience as a result.
- Punitive damages, which is an additional amount ordered by the judge in certain cases. It is meant to punish the at-fault party for conduct that is particularly willful or negligent.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS Today To Schedule A Free Consultation
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., we are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to help you get the compensation you need to recover from bus accident injuries. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Calabasas bus accident attorneys online today to schedule a free consultation.