Calabasas Train Accident Attorneys
Calabasas Train Accident Attorneys
For residents in Calabasas, train stations throughout Los Angeles County provide a convenient way to commute to the city or to travel to destinations throughout the state. While most riders consider it a relatively safe way to travel, the fact is that train accidents occur on a regular basis. When you suffer serious injuries as a result, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., provides the aggressive legal representation you need. Our experienced Calabasas train accident attorneys defend the rights of victims and their families when dealing with train companies and their insurers. Our top case results point to our success in helping clients obtain the maximum amount they are entitled to in a claim. To request a free consultation, contact 1-800-GO-HARRIS today.
Cases Our Calabasas Train Accident Attorneys Represent
Train service is available in our area through Metro Link and Amtrak. While these companies do their best to maintain a positive public image, train accidents are more common than most people think. According to the US Bureau of Transportation Statistics (BTS), nearly 2,000 major train crashes occur throughout the country each year while smaller yet still serious incidents happen on a regular basis. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we help clients who are injured get the compensation they deserve when any type of train crash, collision, or other mishap occurs. As experienced Calabasas train accident attorneys, we provide the trusted legal guidance and professional representation victims need in the following types of cases:
- Train crashes involving collisions with other trains, motor vehicles, or fixed objects;
- Train station accidents, which can occur during boarding or while waiting for the train to arrive;
- On board accidents, which can involve being thrown from your seat, being struck by objects, or altercations with staff and passengers;
- Train derailments, in which reckless driving or defects cause the train to jump the tracks;
- Train overturns, which can injure passengers and other pedestrians, motorists, or residents nearby.
How Do Train Accidents Happen?
According to the Federal Railroad Administration (FRA), California has one of the highest rates for train accidents in the country. As many as 70 major crashes occur each year while thousands of other incidents go unreported. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we conduct a thorough investigation into these accidents to determine how they occurred and who can be held responsible. Among the most common causes in cases our Calabasas train accident attorneys represent include:
- Reckless operations on the part of the train engineer, such as speeding, being distracted, or operating the train while under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or medications;
- Mistakes made by onboard staff, such as failing to properly board passengers, secure loose items, or handle incidents during travel;
- Errors on the part of train station employees, such as failing to provide proper signaling or switch tracks as needed;
- Negligence on the part of the train company, such as failing to properly screen employees, provide adequate time off and break periods, or being overly ambitious with scheduling;
- Defective equipment and poor design due to problems with train manufacturers and parts suppliers.
How Can I Get Compensation For My Train Accident Injuries?
When you suffer serious injuries as a result of a train accident, you have the right to file a claim. Unfortunately, getting the compensation you need to cover your medical expenses, lost wages, and other damages you suffer from train companies and their insurers can prove challenging. They have teams of attorneys working on their side. You need our legal team at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers working on yours. Our Calabasas train accident attorneys have the legal skill and experience needed to negotiate with these companies on your behalf. We aggressively defend your rights, helping to ensure you get the maximum amount in any insurance settlements offered. In the event a settlement cannot be reached, we can assist you in filing a lawsuit against all parties involved. Damages you may be entitled to in this type of claim include:
- Economic damages, which cover your current and future medical expenses, lost wages, and other tangible costs;
- Non-economic damages, which cover intangible costs, such as your pain, suffering, and the loss of enjoyment in life you experience due to your injuries and any permanent disabilities that result;
- Punitive damages, which is an additional amount the judge may order in your case to punish conduct that was particularly willful and negligent on the part of the train operator, the company they work for, or other parties involved.
To Request A Free Consultation, Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS Today
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., we work on a contingency basis. This means that there are no attorney’s fees unless we get money for you. Find out how we can help you get the compensation you need to recover from your train accident injuries. To schedule a free consultation, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Calabasas train accident attorneys online today.