Calabasas Personal Injury Lawyers | Accident Attorneys
Calabasas Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
Motorcycle accidents are a common occurrence in our area. With little to protect bikers and their passengers, injuries suffered tend to be severe. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., we provide the aggressive legal representation victims and their families deserve when filing a claim.
As experienced Calabasas motorcycle accident attorneys, we have decades worth of experience and a proven track record of success in helping local bikers get the maximum amount they need to recover. To find out how we can help in your particular case, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation today.
Cases Our Calabasas Motorcycle Accident Attorneys Represent
The California Office of Traffic Safety (OTS) reports that more than 5,000 people are injured in motorcycle accidents in Los Angeles County each year. Considering the amount of traffic and the terrain in Calabasas, riders in our area are at an increased risk.
Even experienced motorcyclists can find themselves involved in collisions with cars, trucks, or other bikers. When serious personal injuries occur as a result, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers provide the trusted legal guidance you need. Our Calabasas motorcycle accident attorneys represent bikers injured in the following types of cases:
- Head-on crashes, which tend to occur on one-way streets or at highway exit and entrance ramps;
- Side-impact or ‘t-bone’ crashes, which often happen at crossroads and intersections;
- Sideswipe accidents, which can happen while lane splitting or when passing other vehicles;
- Rear-end collisions, which are common when driving through heavily-trafficked areas.
What Causes Motorcycle Accidents?
Riding a motorcycle requires a great degree of skill. Dangerous road conditions, adverse weather, and a lack of proper training or experience are all common contributing factors in crashes. However, the Governors Highway Safety Association (GHSA) reports that the underlying causes in the majority of motorcycle accidents are the reckless actions of others on the road.
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we hold at-fault drivers accountable for injuries you suffer. Common causes of collisions in cases our Calabasas motorcycle accident attorneys represent include:
- Speeding and driving too fast for conditions;
- Failure to stop at traffic signals;
- Improper passing, failing to yield, and other aggressive driving behaviors;
- Distracted driving, such as using cell phones or texting;
- Driving under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or medications.
How Can I Get Compensation For Motorcycle Accident Injuries?
With little to protect them in crashes and collisions, the injuries suffered by motorcyclists have the tendency to be severe. Even a relatively minor motorcycle accident can leave you suffering broken bones, burns, and potentially debilitating back, neck, and head injuries. In the course of your recovery, you can easily rack up mountains of medical expenses while being unable to work or provide for your family. Unfortunately, disabilities you suffer can end up impacting both your health and your overall well-being for years into the future.
In these types of situations, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers act as a strong legal advocate on your side. While you focus on your recovery, our legal team focuses on getting you the compensation you are entitled to in a claim. You have two basic options when it comes to holding at-fault drivers accountable for your motorcycle accident injuries:
- File an insurance claim against the at-fault driver: The California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) advises that all drivers, including motorcyclists, maintain a mandatory minimum level of coverage to protect them and others on the road in the event of accidents and injuries.
- File a lawsuit against the at-fault driver: When the negligent actions of another driver leave you suffering serious injuries, they can be held legally liable for the damages you suffer in a personal injury lawsuit.
How Much Am I Entitled To In My Claim?
As experienced Calabasas motorcycle accident attorneys, we can aggressively negotiate with insurers on your behalf, helping you get the maximum amount in your claim. In the event the other driver is uninsured or a settlement cannot be reached, we can guide you in filing a lawsuit seeking the following:
- Economic damages, which covers current and future medical expenses as well as lost wages and future losses in earnings or benefits due to lingering disabilities;
- Non-economic damages, which compensates you for pain, suffering, and any loss of enjoyment in life you experience;
- Punitive damages, which is an additional amount the judge may order if the at-fault driver acted in a particularly willful and negligent manner.
While each case is different, check out our top case results to see settlements and jury awards we have obtained for clients in similar situations.
Reach Out And Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS Today To Request A Free Consultation
When motorcycle accidents happen, you can trust Harris Personal Injury Lawyers to help you get the maximum amount you are entitled to in your claim. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Calabasas motorcycle accident attorneys online today to request a free consultation.