Calabasas Personal Injury Lawyers | Accident Attorneys
Calabasas Slip and Falls Attorneys
Slips and falls are a leading cause of personal injuries. While often treated as mere accidents, they are typically the result of negligence on the part of others. Unfortunately, victims can be left suffering permanent harm. In these cases, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. provide the trusted legal guidance and professional representation you need to get the compensation you deserve.
As experienced Calabasas slip and falls attorneys, we can guide you in holding those at fault accountable in a claim. Our top case results show our success in obtaining settlements and jury awards worth hundreds of thousands of dollars for clients in similar types of cases. Do not take chances when it comes to your health. To discuss your case and how we can help you recover, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation today.
Our Calabasas Slip and Falls Attorneys Help You Get The Compensation You Need To Recover
When a slip and fall accident happens, victims are often tempted to brush off the incident as minor and to downplay the injuries suffered out of embarrassment. This is a dangerous mistake that could put your health and financial security in jeopardy, both now and in the years to come.
According to the National Floor Safety Institute (NFSI), slips and falls are a leading cause of death and disability, sending more than eight million people to hospital emergency rooms each year. As experienced Calabasas slip and fall attorneys, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers act as a strong advocate on the side of victims in these situations, so they can get the compensation they need to recover. Injuries suffered by our clients often include:
- Severe cuts and lacerations;
- Soft tissue injuries, such as torn or sprained muscles, ligaments, and tendons;
- Broken bones and dislocated joints;
- Back and neck injuries, resulting in herniated discs and fractured vertebrae;
- Head injuries, resulting in a concussion, fractured skull, or traumatic brain injuries (TBI);
- Spinal cord injuries, which can cause partial or complete paralysis.
How Do Slip and Fall Accidents Typically Occur?
While slip and falls are generally referred to as ‘accidents’, the National Safety Council (NSC) warns that they are typically due to negligence on the part of others. When property owners or managers fail to properly maintain the premises or warn visitors of potential dangers, it increases the risk of slips and falls. As a result, they can be held liable in a claim.
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our Calabasas slip and falls attorneys are dedicated to holding those at fault accountable for your injuries. Common causes of slips and falls in cases we represent include:
- Wet, slippery floors due to spills, rainy weather, or condensation;
- Torn carpeting or damaged flooring tiles;
- Uneven walkways or broken paving stones;
- Cluttered aisles and hallways;
- Lack of proper lighting or landscaping in outdoor areas;
- Lack of handrails on stairs or at heights.
What Are My Rights In Filing A Slip and Fall Claim?
Under Section 1714 of the California Civil Code, everyone is responsible not only for their actions, but also inaction’s that cause serious injuries to others. This includes property owners. When they fail to take the proper precautions to prevent slip and fall injuries, you have the right to seek compensation through an insurance claim or premises liability lawsuit.
Most commercial and residential property owners have insurance coverage in place to protect them against personal liability for accidents and injuries. However, dealing with these companies can prove frustrating. The insurance industry makes billions each year and one of the ways they protect their profits is by denying or undervaluing claims. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our legal team aggressively negotiates with these companies on your behalf.
As experienced Calabasas slip and fall attorneys, we have the knowledge and legal expertise needed to help you get the maximum amount you are entitled to in your claim. In the event an appropriate settlement cannot be reached or an insurance policy is not in place, we can assist you in taking the at-fault party to court. Compensation awarded may include:
- Coverage of current and future medical expenses you incur as a result of your injuries;
- Reimbursement for lost wages and any future losses in income due to lingering disabilities;
- Compensation for the pain, suffering, and loss of enjoyment in life you experience;
- Punitive damages, which is an additional amount designed to punish the at-fault party involved.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS To Schedule A Free Consultation
While injuries suffered due to slips and falls can impact you for years into the future, you have only one chance to get compensation in a claim. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., we are here 24 hours a day, seven days a week to provide the legal guidance you need. To ensure your rights are protected, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Calabasas slip and falls attorneys online to schedule a free consultation today.