Calabasas Truck Accident Attorneys
Calabasas Truck Accident Attorneys
With our central location right off US 101, Calabasas drivers share the road with truckers on a regular basis. Tractor-trailers, semi-trucks, and other big rigs can be intimidating and for good reason. Truck accidents are an unfortunately common occurrence and even a minor crash or collision can result in serious injuries. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., we represent victims in these accidents, helping them get the compensation they need to recover. Our Calabasas truck accident attorneys have decades worth of combined experience successfully defending the rights of victims in filing claims. Our top case results show settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars in truck accident cases. To find out how we can help you, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS to request a free consultation.
Our Calabasas Truck Accident Attorneys Help You Get Compensation For Your Injuries
California has one of the highest rates for truck accidents in the country. The National Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reports that more than 400 of these crashes occur each year. Our close proximity to major expressways in Calabasas means that residents here are at an increased risk. The massive height and weight of most big rigs afford truck drivers a certain level of protection. Unfortunately, it is often other motorists on the road which suffer the most serious harm when truck accidents do happen. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we are dedicated to helping victims in these accidents get the compensation they need to recover. Our Calabasas truck accident attorneys provide the aggressive legal representation our clients need in the following types of cases:
- Sideswipe accidents, which can happen as truckers attempt to pass;
- Side impact or T-bone accidents, which is when a truck hits directly into the side of a vehicle, generally at crossroads and intersections;
- Rear-end collisions, which is when a trucker strikes another vehicle from behind;
- Under ride crashes, which is when a motorist strikes a truck from behind, causing their vehicle to go underneath the trailer;
- Head-on crashes, which often occur on highway entrance and exit ramps;
- Jackknife accidents, which happen when truckers slam on the brakes, causing the trailer of the truck rides up alongside the cab at a 90-degree angle;
- Rollover accidents, in which a truck flips over, often while going around curves in the road.
What Are Common Causes Of Truck Accidents?
While road, traffic, and weather conditions may contribute to truck accidents, the reckless actions of the truck driver are generally to blame. According to the Calfornia Office of Traffic Statistics (OTS), drowsy driving and falling asleep behind the wheel is responsible for close to 20 percent of truck accidents in the state. Other common causes in cases our Calabasas truck accident attorneys represent include:
- Speeding and driving too fast for conditions;
- Disregarding traffic signs and signals;
- Aggressive driving, such as tailgating, failure to yield, and improper passing;
- Distracted driving, such as using cellphones, texting, or changing GPS settings while driving;
- Driving under the influence of alcohol, drugs, and medications.
Who Is To Blame When Truck Accidents Happen?
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we help you hold at-fault truck drivers accountable when truck accidents happen. However, the trucking company itself may also share a portion of the blame. The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) reports that contributing factors in truck accidents for which these companies may be responsible include:
- Failure to properly vet drivers or to discipline them for traffic violations;
- Failure to properly train them in driving or in loading/unloading cargo;
- Failure to require the proper maintenance certifications before each trip;
- Requiring overly demanding schedules that do not allow for adequate days off;
- Requiring overly demanding time tables for deliveries, which encourage speeding and do not allow for meals or rest breaks.
In addition to the trucking company, truck manufacturers and parts suppliers may also be to blame for faulty, defective equipment that increases the likelihood of truck accidents.
Why Do I Need A Calabasas Truck Accident Attorney?
Trucking companies have teams of attorneys on their side, ready to defend themselves and their drivers in claims. To protect your rights, get our legal team on yours. As experienced Calabasas truck accident attorneys, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers investigate all aspects of your case, gathering evidence and negotiating with the trucking company, their attorneys, and any insurers involved on your behalf. In the event an agreeable settlement cannot be reached, we will not hesitate in taking the driver or the trucking company to court.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS To Schedule A Free Consultation Today
When a truck accident happens, you have only one chance to get the compensation you need to recover. To protect yourself from having to pay out of pocket for medical costs, lost wages, and other expenses, get Harris Personal Injury Lawyers on your side. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Calabasas truck accident attorneys online to schedule a free consultation today.