Calabasas Personal Injury Lawyers | Accident Attorneys
Calabasas Uber and Lyft Accident Attorneys
Relying on ride-sharing services can be less expensive than having your own vehicle. It can also help reduce drunk driving risks and the serious car accident injuries that can occur as a result. However, Uber and Lyft drivers are just as likely to engage in the type of reckless driving behaviors that result in crashes or collisions as any other motorist. When these happen, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. provides the aggressive legal representation you need.
Our Calabasas Uber and Lyft accident attorneys can help you hold at-fault drivers and the companies they work for accountable in a claim. Our case results point to our success in obtaining settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars for clients in similar cases. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS today and request a free consultation to discuss how we can help you.
In A Ride-Sharing Accident? Reach Out To Our Calabasas Uber and Lyft Accident Attorneys
Ride-sharing has revolutionized how we travel. Rather than relying on a bus or a private cab service, Uber, Lyft, and similar companies offer a convenient, cost-effective alternative. Early on, traffic safety experts credited these companies with helping to reduce traffic tie-ups and the overall number of DUI related accidents. Unfortunately, as the number of people relying on these services steadily increased, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) warns that the risks of being involved in a ride-sharing accident have increased as well.
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we help victims in these situations get the compensation they need to recover in a claim. Common cases our Calabasas Uber and Lyft accident attorneys represent include:
- Single vehicle accidents, in which passengers are injured due to collisions between Uber or Lyft vehicles and stationary objects;
- Car crashes involving an Uber or Lyft driver and other motorists;
- Uber and Lyft accidents involving pedestrians;
- Transit accidents, in which Uber or Lyft passengers suffer injuries due to bumps and jolts during their trip;
- Incidents in which passengers and others are assaulted by Uber or Lyft drivers.
What Should I Do If An Uber or Lyft Accident Happens?
When any type of Uber or Lyft accident happens, it is important to take certain steps to protect your health and your rights in a claim. These include:
- Notify law enforcement immediately.
- Get the name, address, insurance information, and vehicle registration numbers for any drivers involved.
- Get the name of the ride-sharing company the driver works for.
- Make note of exactly where and when the accident occurred. Use your cell phone to take pictures, if possible.
- Seek treatment for your injuries, regardless of whether they seem minor. Many potentially life-threatening conditions have symptoms that can take days or even weeks to appear.
- Speak with an Uber and Lyft accident attorney regarding your rights in filing a claim.
In addition to any insurance the driver has in place, both Uber and Lyft provide up to $1 million in coverage in the event of accidents and injuries. Before speaking to representatives of these companies or agreeing on a settlement in your case, contact Harris Personal Injury Lawyers first. Our Calabasas Uber and Lyft accident attorneys provide the trusted legal guidance you need to ensure you get the maximum amount you deserve.
How Do I File A Ride-Sharing Accident Claim?
Uber and Lyft accidents generally happen due to the reckless actions of the driver or the company they work for. In these cases, you can count on the ride-sharing company to have a team of attorneys working on their side. To protect your rights, get Harris Personal Injury Lawyers on yours.
Our legal team will investigate your case, gathering the evidence needed to make a compelling case. While you focus on recovering from your injuries, our experienced Calabasas Uber and Lyft accident attorneys will be aggressively negotiating with the ride-sharing company and any insurers involved on your behalf.
If a reasonable settlement cannot be reached or the injuries you suffer are severe, filing a lawsuit against the company or the driver involved may be your best option. Damages available in this type of claim include:
- Coverage of both current medical costs and lost wages, as well as for any future expenses and losses in income you are likely to incur;
- Compensation for the pain, suffering, and loss of enjoyment in life your ride-sharing accident caused;
- Punitive damages, which is an additional amount awarded in cases where a ride-sharing company or driver acted in a particularly willful and negligent manner.
Contact 1-800-GO-HARRIS To Request A Free Consultation
You have only one chance to get the compensation you need to recover after a ride-sharing accident. To ensure you get the maximum amount, get Harris Personal Injury Lawyers on your side. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Calabasas Uber and Lyft accident attorneys online and request a free consultation today.