Calabasas Wrongful Death Attorneys
Calabasas Wrongful Death Attorneys
The unexpected death of a loved one is devastating for family members. When it occurs in an accident and due to the reckless actions of others, it is particularly heartbreaking. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. we help you get a sense of justice in this situation by holding the at-fault party responsible in a claim. Our Calabasas wrongful death attorneys provide caring, professional legal representation for families in our community dealing with tragic losses. Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, you can trust us to help you recover during this difficult time. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation today.
Wrongful Death Cases Our Calabasas Wrongful Death Attorneys Represent
Wrongful deaths are often attributed to accidents, but it is generally the reckless and negligent actions of others that are to blame. Under Section 377.60 of the California Code, surviving family members can get a sense of justice for their loved ones and compensation for the funeral expenses and other losses they suffer through a wrongful death claim. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we understand what a difficult time this is for you and your family. Between the practical matters that must be dealt with and the grief you are experiencing, you need someone acting as a strong, trusted legal advocate on your side. Our Calabasas wrongful death attorneys are dedicated to helping people in this situation get the compensation they deserve. Cases we represent include:
- Motor vehicle accidents involving cars, trucks, or motorcycles;
- Bicycle and pedestrian accidents;
- Uber and Lyft accidents;
- Public transit accidents, such as those involving buses, trains, or airlines;
- Premises liability cases, such as slips, falls, and getting struck by or against objects;
- Recreational or sports-related accidents;
- Product liability claims;
- Fatal accidents involving acts of violence.
Who Is Responsible When A Wrongful Death Occurs?
According to the National Institutes of Health (NIH), accidental injuries are one of the leading causes of death. Sadly, the victim’s surviving family members are often left facing questions about how it happened and who is responsible. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our Calabasas wrongful death attorneys take the swift, aggressive actions needed to get the answers you need. Nothing can bring back your loved one or ease the suffering you face, but a wrongful death claim can help to provide a sense of justice and compensation for financial losses you incur now and in the years to come. Those who may be held responsible in a claim include:
- Drivers who engage in reckless behaviors such as speeding, running red lights, and driving distracted or under the influence;
- Public transit companies and their employees, for failing to ensure the safety of passengers;
- Commercial vehicle owners, for failing to properly vet drivers or maintain their vehicles;
- Property owners, for failing to provide proper upkeep and for not notifying others that dangers exist;
- Product manufacturers and distributors, for producing and selling dangerous or defective items;
- Others whose actions are in any way responsible for your loved one’s death.
How Can A Wrongful Death Attorney Help Me?
As experienced Calabasas wrongful death attorneys, our legal team provides trusted legal guidance and aggressive representation to surviving spouses, parents, children, other blood relatives, and legal representatives of the deceased’s estate. Efforts we take on your behalf include:
- Investigating all aspects of your case;
- Reviewing police reports and gathering evidence to use in your claim;
- Calculating your current losses and those you are likely to suffer in the future;
- Negotiating on your behalf with any insurers involved;
- Filing the required legal documents and representing you in court hearings.
Harris Personal Injury Lawyers typically work on a contingency basis in wrongful death cases. This means there are no attorney’s fees unless we get compensation for you.
How Much Am I Entitled To In A Wrongful Death Claim?
Damages in wrongful death claims vary depending on the circumstances involved. Our goal is always to get the maximum amount you deserve. Compensation available may include:
- Economic damages: These cover tangible losses, such as outstanding medical bills, funeral expenses, lost wages, and reimbursement for future income your loved one would have earned.
- Non-economic damages: These cover intangible costs, such as your pain, suffering, loss of companionship and enjoyment in life.
- Punitive damages: This is an additional amount the judge may order in cases where the at-fault party acted in a particularly willful and negligent manner.
Review our top case results to see settlements and jury awards we have obtained for clients in similar situations.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS And Request A Free Consultation
During one of the most difficult times in your life, you can trust Harris Personal Injury Lawyers to offer the compassionate care and trusted legal guidance you need. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Calabasas wrongful death attorneys online and request a free consultation today.