Calabasas Brain Injury Attorneys
Whenever an accident results in sudden bumps or blows to the head, there is the potential for serious brain injuries to occur. These can have major impacts on your health, financial security, and overall well being for years to come. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., we protect your rights in filing a claim seeking compensation from those responsible. Our Calabasas brain injury attorneys act as a trusted legal advocate on the side of brain injury victims and their families. Making sure you get the maximum amount you need to recover is our top priority. Our top case results show our success in obtaining settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars for clients in these types of cases. To find out how we can help you, contact 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation today.
Our Calabasas Brain Injury Attorneys Are Here To Help You
Brain injuries are one of the most common types of personal injury. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), they can result from any type of bump, blow, or jolt to the head, which causes a disruption in the brain’s normal processes. Unfortunately, even a seemingly minor accident involving a brain injury can end up leaving you with permanent impairments. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we help you file a claim when brain injuries occur as a result of so-called ‘accidents’, which can generally be attributed to another person’s reckless and negligent behavior. As experienced Calabasas brain injury attorneys, we represent clients who suffer brain injuries due to the following:
- Car, truck, and motorcycle accidents;
- Bicycle and pedestrian accidents;
- Public transportation accidents;
- Accidents involving Uber or Lyft drivers;
- Accidents that occur on another’s property, such as slips and falls or getting struck by objects;
- Sports and recreational accidents;
- Accidents caused by dangerous or defective products.
When these or other types of mishaps result in brain injuries, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers is here to help you through the recovery process.
How Long Does It Take To Recover From A Brain Injury?
According to statistics from the California Department of Public Health (CDPH), more than 60,000 people in Calabasas and the surrounding Los Angeles County areas are treated in hospital emergency rooms for head and brain injuries each year. Initial symptoms often include headaches, dizziness, feelings of nausea or vomiting, problems remembering details of the accident, and loss of consciousness. In cases involving mild brain injuries, these symptoms may clear up in a matter of weeks or months. More severe brain injuries have the potential to life-threatening and can result in permanent impairments. These may include:
- Physical impairments, such as difficulty walking or performing certain tasks;
- Cognitive impairments, which impact your judgment, reasoning, and communication skills;
- Sensory impairments, which can impact your sight, hearing, or sense of balance;
- Emotional impairments, which can result in depression, increased anxiety, fits of rage, and other personality changes.
When facing these types of impairments and the prospect of permanent disabilities, it is important to remember you have only one chance to get compensation in a claim. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our experienced Calabasas brain injury attorneys are dedicated to ensuring you get the maximum amount you deserve.
What Types of Compensation Are Available For Brain Injury Victims?
When the reckless and negligent actions of another person or company cause you to suffer brain injuries, those at fault can be held accountable in a claim. In some cases, an insurance policy may be available to offset your expenses. Unfortunately, when dealing with these companies, it is important to remember that they are for-profit businesses. To protect their bottom line, it is common practice for them to either deny or undervalue your claim. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our legal team can negotiate with these companies on your behalf, ensuring your rights are protected. However, considering the long term consequences that are common with brain injuries, your best option may be to file a personal injury lawsuit. Our Calabasas brain injury attorneys can guide you through this process and the types of compensation that may be available. Under the Calfornia Civil Code, this may include:
- Economic damages, which cover tangible costs, such as current and future medical expenses and lost wages;
- Non-economic damages, which cover intangible costs, such as your pain and suffering, as well as the loss of enjoyment you experience as a result of your injury;
- Punitive damages, which is an additional amount that may be ordered by a judge in cases where the at-fault party acted in a particularly willful and negligent manner.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS To Request A Consultation
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we provide trusted guidance and aggressive legal representation for victims in brain injury cases. We work on a contingency basis, which means there are no attorney fees unless we get money for you. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Calabasas brain injury attorney online today and request a free consultation to discuss how we can assist you.