Castaic Bicycle Accident Attorneys
California has no shortage of scenic routes and winding trails, making the state the perfect spot to saddle up. However, with millions of motorists on the road, city streets are a dangerous place for cyclists. Hundreds of riders are injured and killed in wrecks every year with many victims incurring thousands of dollars in medical bills, repair costs, and other losses. If you were injured while cycling, our Castaic bicycle accident attorneys may be able to help you build a strong personal injury case against the at-fault parties.
We have represented injured cyclists and other personal injury victims throughout the state, helping secure more than $300 million for our clients. To schedule a free case assessment, reach out to us today at 1-800-GO-HARRIS.
What Should I Bring to My Free Case Review with a Castaic Bike Injury Attorney?
Sitting down to discuss your situation with a skilled personal injury lawyer will not only give you answers to your questions, but can also grant insight into the strengths and weaknesses of your claim. Your attorney can review the evidence you’ve gathered since the accident and explain how he or she might proceed with your case.
While you could show up empty-handed and still leave feeling far more informed than when you arrived; it may be in your best interests to prepare for your case review to get the most out of this opportunity. Here are a few items you might want to share with your attorney during the initial consultation:
- Copy of the Official Accident Report: If you were able to obtain a copy of the official police incident report, you should share this document with your attorney. The report will likely contain important information about the wreck such as the time, date, and location of the collision, and the officers’ observations about what happened.
- Proof of Lost Income: If you were unable to work for any amount of time after the accident, you may be able to recover compensation for the wages you lost. As such, you should bring along evidence that could help demonstrate lost income, such as letters from your employer, bank statements, tax returns, and pay stubs.
- Description of the Collision: A bicycle accident can happen in the blink of an eye, so it can be difficult to recall exactly what happened even just a few days after the crash. As such, as soon as you can after the wreck, you should take time to write a firsthand account of this fateful day. Try to answer the following questions: What were you doing in the moments before you were struck? Were there any eyewitnesses? Did you receive treatment at the scene? Did police officers investigate the wreck? Your attorney may rely on your account to help guide his or her investigation. For instance, if you took down the contact details of eyewitnesses, your lawyer may reach out to them to determine whether their deposition could help corroborate your version of events.
- Photographs Taken at the Scene: If you were able to take pictures or videos at the accident scene, you should share them with your attorney. Whether you snapped images of your injuries or were able to obtain surveillance camera footage of the moment the accident happened, this evidence could help your attorney and/or an accident reconstruction expert piece together the events that led to the crash.
What Qualities Set Harris Personal Injury Lawyers Apart from Other Law Firms in California?
While there is no shortage of firms in California willing to handle your personal injury case, not all lawyers have the knowledge or resources necessary to provide compassionate, personalized representation. At HPIL, we believe in giving every case the attention it deserves, taking time to thoroughly investigate the accident and implementing a tailored approach to ensure that you receive all the benefits of having a skilled legal team at your side.
Let’s take a look at a few qualities that set us apart from other law firms in the area:
- We Have Trial Experience: There are some situations where the insurer or another opposing party will refuse to settle your claim just to test whether you have the resources and conviction to take legal action. As such, hiring a skilled litigator could be beneficial to your case even if you never have to go to court. If negotiations do stall, you can enjoy peace of mind that your lawyer has the experience and knowledge necessary to help you prevail during trial.
- We Have a Track Record of Success: If you’re searching for an attorney to assist with your bicycle accident case, it may be in your best interests to hire someone who has experience—and a track record of success—handling claims similar to your own. At HPIL, our attorneys have decades of collective experience overseeing personal injury claims in California, including bicycle accidents, train wrecks, car accidents, slip and falls, dog bites, and many others. During this time we’ve helped secure more than $300 million in settlements and verdicts for our clients.
- We Are Accessible: After suffering a serious injury, the world can start to feel like an uncertain place. From never-ending expenses to life-altering limitations to debilitating pain, each day can bring new challenges. Fortunately, an accessible attorney can provide guidance and assurance during this challenging chapter of your life, providing you with prompt answers to your questions and keeping you updated on the progress of your case. When you hire us to handle your bicycle accident claim, we will provide you with a direct line to your attorney who will strive to return emails, texts, and calls as soon as possible.
Discuss Your Personal Injury Case with a Castaic Bicycle Accident Attorney
If you were hurt on the road through no fault of your own, you may be able to recover compensation for your injuries and other damages. At HPIL, we offer free case reviews, giving you the opportunity to get the answers you need to make informed decisions about your case. Reach out to us at 1-800-GO-HARRIS or head over to our Online Contact Page to request a consultation.