Castaic Dog Bite Attorneys
Dogs are popular pets across the country, providing affection, companionship, and security to millions of Americans. However, even a loveable pup can turn violent without warning causing serious injuries when it attacks. If you were the victim of an animal attack, turn to our Castaic dog bite attorneys to discuss your options.
It’s possible that you might be able to file a personal injury claim against the pet’s owner to recover compensation for your injuries and other losses. Call us today at 1-800-GO-HARRIS to connect with a member of our team.
How Can I Strengthen My Personal Injury Claim?
When you hire one of our attorneys to handle your personal injury claim, you won’t have to worry about the logistics of your case. Our legal team can help gather evidence, build your case, and represent you throughout proceedings.
As such, the outcome of your case is largely out of your hands. However, you will still need to be careful that you don’t do anything that might result in disputes. Let’s take a look at a few steps you can take to avoid issues during proceedings:
- Gather Evidence after the Attack: If you are physically able to do so, you should take steps to gather evidence immediately after the incident. You can start by taking photographs of your injuries, the dog that bit you, and other elements that might help you prove liability and damages. Additionally, if anyone saw the accident take place, you should take down their contact details to share with your attorney. It’s likely that your lawyer will want to interview eyewitnesses to determine whether their deposition or testimony could help corroborate your version of events.
- Seek Medical Treatment: If you have not yet visited the doctor, you should undergo a medical assessment as soon as possible. Not only will you need access to up-to-date medical records to prove your damages and connect your injuries to the wreck, but the insurance company will also want to see these records before they approve your claim.
- Disable Your Social Media Accounts: With more and more conversations moving to the digital space, insurance companies have begun monitoring claimants’ social media feeds to find evidence to dispute liability and damages. As such, anything you post online could be used as evidence to challenge your credibility. For instance, if you discussed the wreck, the claims adjuster might misrepresent your comments in a way that makes it seem like you are admitting fault for causing the collision. At HPIL, we will likely suggest that you deactivate your accounts for the duration of proceedings so that you don’t risk posting something that might hurt your chances of obtaining a fair settlement.
How Our Personal Injury Attorneys Could Assist with Your Case
If you were seriously hurt in an animal attack, you might be thinking about hiring a lawyer to help with your case. However, before you do so, it’s only normal to want the assurance that bringing in an attorney will help simplify your life and give you the best possible chance of achieving a favorable outcome in your case.
While we can’t guarantee a specific outcome for your claim—no attorney or law firm can—our legal team will do everything in their power to help you achieve a favorable result. Here are just a few ways we might be able to assist with your case:
- Gather Evidence: There are many different types of proof you will need to demonstrate liability, causation, and damages. Some of this evidence could be time-sensitive. For instance, surveillance camera footage is routinely erased, and eyewitnesses can quickly forget what they saw on the day in question. Fortunately, once our attorneys have had a chance to assess your situation, they will know which evidence will help prove your claim and can take steps to obtain such proof before it is destroyed, lost, or becomes unavailable for any other reason.
- Arrange Expert Witness Testimony: If you suffered a catastrophic injury or the circumstances surrounding the attack are particularly complex, you might require the input of an expert witness to help prove certain aspects of your claim. For example, if the insurer is disputing the severity of your condition, your attorney might depose a medical expert who can speak to the necessity of specific procedures and provide insight into the limitations stemming from your condition.
- Estimate a Fair Settlement: Many of the equations involved in approximating fair compensation for non-economic damages, future medical expenses, and diminished earning potential can be incredibly complicated. However, it’s important that you have an overview of all your losses before you initiate settlement negotiations. Without a specific number in mind, you may accept a settlement that does not cover the full range of your damages. At HPIL, our personal injury attorneys can review the available evidence and consult with expert witnesses if necessary to help approximate a fair amount for the losses you’ve incurred.
- Help You Avoid Mistakes: The insurance company may dig deep to unearth any evidence that could be used to challenge your credibility. As such, it’s important to avoid mistakes that might lead to disputes. For example, you should not post about the attack on social media as your comments could be misrepresented to dispute liability. Alternatively, if it emerges that you deviated from your treatment plan, the claims adjuster might assert that your negligence caused your condition to worsen, potentially leaving you on the hook for some—or all—of your damages.
Discuss Your Situation with a Castaic Dog Bite Attorney
Our team is available to take your calls 24/7. Reach out to us today at 1-800-GO-HARRIS or click through to our online contact page HERE to lock in a free case assessment.