Castaic Train Accident Attorneys
The state’s spiderweb of railways connect many of California’s sprawling metros, giving commuters a convenient way to get around. While most trips make it from A to B without incident, in rare situations even these reliable locomotives can crash. Victims often suffer catastrophic injuries that require intensive, long-term care. If you were hurt while using public transport, schedule a consultation with our Castaic train accident attorneys.
We can answer your questions, explain the laws relating to your case, and discuss how we might proceed with your personal injury claim. Dial 1-800-GO-HARRIS to get started.
How Much Is My Train Wreck Claim Worth?
From your treatment costs to lost income to your repair bills, a serious train accident isn’t just a traumatic experience, it can also derail your finances. As such, you may be eager to find out how much your personal injury claim is worth. Ultimately, a fair settlement will help you cover your losses and get the treatment you need to recover from your injuries.
While we cannot promise a specific settlement amount, we can review the available evidence to approximate reasonable compensation for the losses you’ve incurred. Let’s look at some of the factors we may consider:
- Are You Able to Work? If you had to take time off to let your condition improve, or you are unable to return to your job because of a temporary or permanent disability, you may be able to recover compensation for any income you lost due to the wreck. The value of such losses can vary based on a number of factors such as your salary prior to the accident, the amount of time you were unable to work, and whether your condition is likely to affect your income earning potential in the future.
- How Serious Are Your Injuries? If you suffered a serious injury, you may have incurred thousands of dollars in medical bills and other losses—far more than you would’ve had your injuries been minor. In most situations, the severity of your injuries will have a major influence on the potential value of your personal injury case. For example, if you suffered a traumatic brain injury, you would likely be seeking a more considerable sum than had you sustained whiplash or broken a bone.
- Have Your Injuries Affected Your Everyday Life? If your injuries have impeded your ability to enjoy your favorite pastimes, engage in physical activity, take care of the household, or even complete everyday tasks independently, you may be able to seek compensation for non-economic damages such as loss of enjoyment in life and emotional distress. Our train accident lawyers can assess your situation to determine whether such intangible losses might be recoverable.
What Evidence Could Help Prove My Train Accident Claim?
The success of a train accident claim will almost always hinge on the strength of the evidence you’ve collected. Let’s take a look at a few different types of proof that might play a role in your case:
- Photographs Taken at the Accident Scene: Pictures can not only help your attorney and/or an accident reconstruction expert piece together the events leading up to the accident, but they could also help illustrate the severity of your injuries. As such, you should take time after the wreck to photograph any elements that might help you prove liability, causation, and damages.
- Medical Records: Detailed, up-to-date medical records will form a crucial part of building your case. As such, you should visit the doctor immediately after the wreck to ensure that your injuries have been documented and you have received the necessary treatments to avoid additional health complications down the line.
- Expert Witness Testimony: There are certain individuals who, due to their skills or specialized knowledge in a specific field, are allowed to present their opinion on the facts of a specific personal injury case. For example, your lawyer may bring in a medical expert to describe the timeline of your recovery and explain why certain treatments and other healthcare interventions are necessary in your situation. Alternatively, a vocational expert could testify regarding the ways your injuries inhibit your ability to do your job.
- Eyewitness Testimony: If there were other passengers onboard, their testimony could help corroborate your version of events. If you are physically able to do so, you should take down their contact details to share with your lawyer during the initial consultation.
Discuss Your Personal Injury Claim with a Castaic Train Accident Attorney
When a train crashes or runs off the rails, the consequences can be devastating. Victims often suffer catastrophic injuries that take months—or even years—to heal. Filing a personal injury claim against the railway company could help you get the funds you need to get your life back on track. Dial 1-800-GO-HARRIS or tap through to our contact form HERE to schedule a free case assessment.