Castaic Slip and Fall Attorneys
Whether it’s at the mall, an apartment block, or the local diner, slip and falls happen almost every day. While sometimes these accidents can be attributed to clumsiness, other times the culprit may be a faulty handrailing, slippery floor, or dangling cord—hazards that the property owner or manager has a duty to clear. If you were injured on someone else’s premises, turn to our Castaic slip and fall attorneys to discuss your options.
If you can prove that the property owner or manager was negligent, you may be able to recover compensation for your injuries. Dial 1-800-GO-HARRIS to request a free case review.
What Are Signs I Have a Strong Slip and Fall Case?
Figuring out whether you have a strong slip and fall claim or not is never an easy undertaking. There are countless factors that could affect the outcome of your case, so even if it’s clear that the property owner is at fault for your injuries, you could still be held liable for a portion of your damages.
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we can assess your situation, weigh the strengths and weaknesses of your case, and discuss how we might mitigate or counter disputes that could arise throughout the claims process. Let’s take a look at a few signs that you have a strong slip and fall case:
- Someone Else Saw the Accident Happen: If someone—either another patron, staff member, or anyone else in the vicinity of the accident scene—saw you slip and fall, their deposition or testimony could help support your version of events. You should note down their contact details to share with your attorney. Your lawyer may want to interview them to determine whether their testimony could help you prove liability.
- You Have Surveillance Camera Footage of the Accident: Most commercial properties are equipped with surveillance camera systems. As such, if you tripped and fell at such an establishment, it’s likely that these cameras caught footage of the accident. These videos could help show what happened in the moments before you suffered your injuries, potentially helping you prove fault.
- You Stuck to Your Treatment Plan: After you’ve sought treatment, you need to make sure that you follow your doctor’s orders carefully. Any signs that you went against their instructions could lead to disputes over failure to mitigate damages.
- You Tracked Your Damages Carefully: Whether it’s your medical bills, the cost of replacement services, or home modifications, you should save copies of all the associated receipts and invoices to share with your attorney. Such documents will likely play a crucial role in proving your damages.
How Much Is My Slip and Fall Case Worth?
If you suffered a serious injury in a slip and fall accident, your medical expenses are likely adding up at an alarming rate. To make matters worse, your injuries may be preventing you from returning to work, leaving you unable to earn a living and pay off your growing expenses.
Fortunately, filing a personal injury claim could help you recover compensation for the damages you’ve incurred. As such, you may be wondering how much your case is worth. While we cannot promise a specific dollar amount—no attorney or law firm can—we can approximate fair compensation for your losses.
Let’s take a look at the three categories of damages typically available to personal injury victims:
- Economic Damages: This category of damages covers the direct costs stemming from the accident and your injuries. Such damages include lost earnings, repair costs, medical bills, and losses you are reasonably likely to incur in the future as a result of the accident.
- Non-Economic Damages: Economic damages are often the tip of the iceberg in a personal injury claim. Many victims experience immense pain and suffering due to their injuries. Additionally, some are unable to enjoy certain aspects of their life, and others develop serious psychological conditions such as post-traumatic stress disorder, depression, and anxiety. In California, if you were injured in an accident, you have a right to pursue compensation for the intangible effects of your injuries. Your attorney can assess your situation to determine which damages may be recoverable in your case.
- Punitive Damages: These damages may be awarded if you can show that the liable party/parties acted with malice, oppression, or fraud. This category of damages exists to punish the defendant to deter others from engaging in the same or similar negligent behavior.
Discuss Your Case with a Castaic Slip and Fall Attorney
From your medical expenses to your repair costs to the pain you’ve experienced since the accident, you may be able to recover compensation for many different types of damages after a slip and fall. Dial 1-800-GO-HARRIS or tap through to our Contact Form to request a free case review.