Claremont Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
Claremont Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
Pedestrian accidents in Claremont happen on a regular basis and can leave victims suffering serious and potentially life-threatening personal injuries. When these impact you or someone you love, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. help you get the compensation you are entitled to in a claim. As experienced Claremont pedestrian accident attorneys, we provide the professional legal representation needed to hold at-fault drivers accountable. Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, our top case results show settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation today.
Our Claremont Pedestrian Accident Attorneys Help You Get The Compensation You Need To Recover
Walking is a primary form of transportation for students of the Claremont Colleges. It also offers a way to enjoy local parks and shopping districts, such as Claremont Village, which are hubs of activity for both residents and visitors to our area. However, when walking in these or other locations, it is important to be aware of pedestrian accident risks. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we represent people who are injured in pedestrian accidents in Claremont. As experienced Claremont pedestrian accident attorneys, we help you get the compensation you need to recover. Common types of injuries suffered by clients in these cases:
- Back and neck injuries, resulting in fractured vertebrae and damage to discs;
- Broken bones, which often include multiple fractures;
- Burn injuries, due to contact with hot engine oils or parts;
- Crushing injuries, doing damage to body parts and internal organs;
- Deep cuts and lacerations, resulting in permanent scarring;
- Head injuries, such as concussions and skull fractures;
- Soft tissue injuries, such as muscle strains, sprains, and tears;
- Spinal cord injuries, which can result in partial or complete paralysis;
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI), which can cause temporary impairments or long term disabilities.
What Are The Main Causes Of Pedestrian Accidents In Claremont?
According to statistics from the California Office of Traffic Safety (OTS), pedestrian accidents in Claremont happen on a monthly basis. Residents are encouraged to take precautions to prevent them, such as wearing light, bright colored-clothing, sticking to sidewalks, and crossing only at designated intersections. However, in the majority of cases it is the reckless actions of motorists that are to blame. When serious personal injuries occur as a result, you can count on Harris Personal Injury Lawyers to act as a strong legal advocate on your side. While you focus on your recovery, our Claremont pedestrian accident attorneys focus on investigating your case to determine exactly how it happened and who is responsible. Common causes of pedestrian accidents in cases we represent include:
- Distracted driving;
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs;
- Drowsy driving and falling asleep behind the wheel;
- Failure to yield to pedestrians in crosswalks;
- Running red lights and stop signs;
- Speeding and going too fast for conditions.
How Do I File A Pedestrian Accident Claim?
When a pedestrian accident in Claremont happens, you have two options in seeking compensation. The first is to file a claim against the at-fault driver’s insurer. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we aggressively negotiate with any insurance companies involved on your behalf with the goal of getting you the maximum amount in any settlements. In the event the other driver is uninsured or the amount of insurance they have fails to adequately cover your costs, our Claremont pedestrian accident attorneys will not hesitate to file a lawsuit against them. Compensation you may be entitled to through the Los Angeles County Civil Court for a pedestrian accident in Claremont includes:
- Coverage of your current costs and any future medical expenses;
- Reimbursement for lost wages and any future losses in income expected due to short or long term disabilities;
- Compensation for your pain, suffering, and any loss of enjoyment in life you experience as a result of your pedestrian accident injuries;
- Punitive damages, which are an additional amount the judge may order if the at-fault driver acted in a particularly willful and negligent manner.
What If A Pedestrian Accident Is A Hit and Run?
It is not uncommon for drivers to panic and flee the scene of a pedestrian accident in Claremont. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our legal team takes the swift legal actions needed to identify them. This includes:
- Gathering evidence from the accident scene;
- Talking to eyewitnesses;
- Reviewing footage from nearby surveillance cameras;
- Soliciting tips from the general public;
- Speaking with local mechanics, who the driver may have gone to for vehicle repairs.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS And Request A Consultation Today
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we generally represent victims in pedestrian accident cases on a contingency basis. This means you pay no attorney fees unless we get money for you. To ensure you get the maximum amount of compensation you need to recover, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Claremont pedestrian accident attorneys online and request a consultation today.