Claremont Uber and Lyft Accident Attorneys
Claremont Uber and Lyft Accident Attorneys
Ridesharing offers a convenient and cost-efficient way to travel but it is important to be aware of the risks. Uber and Lyft accidents in Claremont are unfortunately common. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., we help you get compensation for your injuries. As experienced Claremont Uber and Lyft accident attorneys, we provide the trusted legal guidance you need when dealing with ride sharing companies and their insurers. Our top case results show our success in obtaining settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars on behalf of clients. Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a consultation today.
Our Claremont Uber and Lyft Accident Attorneys Protect Your Rights To Compensation
When first introduced, ridesharing services such as Uber and Lyft were credited with helping to reduce the number of drunk driving accidents. However, a recent MIT Technology Review report states that Uber and Lyft accident risks have actually increased over the past several years. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we represent injured victims in these cases. When filing a claim against drivers or the companies they work for, you can count on our Claremont Uber and Lyft accident attorneys to protect your rights to compensation. Cases we handle include:
- Crashes and collisions involving Uber and Lyft drivers with fixed objects or other motorists;
- Uber and Lyft accidents involving bicyclists and pedestrians;
- Incidents that happen during your Uber or Lyft trip, such as being thrown from your seat due to sudden stops or swerves;
- Any type of accident involving Uber, Lyft, or other ridesharing services in Claremont.
Can Uber and Lyft Be Held Liable For Accidents?
When Uber and Lyft accidents happen and leave you suffering potentially serious injuries, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers helps you hold those at fault accountable. Among the leading causes in cases our Claremont Uber and Lyft accident attorneys represent include:
- Reckless driving behaviors, such as speeding, running red lights, and driving distracted or under the influence;
- Drowsy driving, which causes the same types of impairments as being under the influence and can result in falling asleep behind the wheel;
- Mechanical issues with the vehicle in service, which increases the risk of crashes and collisions;
- Ridesharing company policies, such as failing to adequately vet drivers, limit their schedules, or penalize them for traffic infractions, all of which increase passenger injury risks.
While Uber and Lyft heavily promote insurance policies designed to protect their drivers, the fact is these companies can also be held liable when ride sharing accidents leave passengers injured.
What Should I Do If An Uber or Lyft Accident Happens?
If you are involved in an Uber or Lyft accident or suffer any type of injuries during your trip, follow these steps:
- Notify the police immediately and make sure an accident report is filed.
- Get personal contact, insurance, and vehicle registration information for the driver, along with contact information for the ridesharing company they work for.
- Seek medical care for your injuries as soon as possible, even if they appear minor. Not doing so could jeopardize your health and your rights in an Uber and Lyft accident claim.
In the days following your accident, you will likely be contacted by the ridesharing company or their insurers. To protect yourself and your rights to compensation, get our legal team at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers on your side before making any statements. As experienced Claremont Uber and Lyft accident attorneys, we can aggressively negotiate with insurance representatives on your behalf with the goal of getting you the maximum amount in a settlement. If they attempt to either deny or dispute your claim, we will not hesitate to take them to court.
How Much Does Uber or Lyft Pay For An Accident?
Each case is different and the exact amount you may be entitled to in an Uber or Lyft accident will depend on the circumstances involved and the severity of your injuries. However, common types of compensation available under the California Civil Code include:
- Economic damages, which cover your current and future medical expenses and lost wages, as well as any other costs you are likely to incur;
- Non-economic damages, which compensate you for pain, suffering, and any loss of enjoyment in life your injuries result in;
- Punitive damages, which is an additional amount that may be ordered if the ridesharing company or driver acted in a particularly willful and negligent manner.
When handling Uber and Lyft accident cases, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers generally represents clients on a contingency basis. This means you pay no attorney fees unless we get money for you.
To Request A Free Consultation, Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS Today
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we help clients get the maximum amount they are entitled to for Uber or Lyft accidents. To request a free consultation, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Claremont Uber and Lyft accident attorneys online today.