Claremont Slip and Fall Attorneys
Claremont Slip and Fall Attorneys
Slip and fall accidents in Claremont can leave you suffering serious personal injuries. When the reckless actions of others are responsible, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. holds them accountable in a claim. As experienced Claremont slip and fall attorneys, we are dedicated to helping clients get the compensation they need to recover from slip and fall injuries. Our top case results show a proven track record of success in obtaining settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars. Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS to request a free consultation today.
Our Claremont Slip and Fall Attorneys Are Here To Help
As one of the most common types of accidents, the National Floor Safety Institute (NFSI) reports that slips and falls send more than eight million people to hospital emergency rooms each year. Injuries often suffered by victims include:
- Back and neck injuries, such as fractured vertebrae and slipped discs;
- Broken bones and dislocated joints;
- Concussions and other types of head injuries;
- Cuts and lacerations, resulting in permanent scars;
- Soft tissue injuries, such as sprained or torn muscles and tendons;
- Spinal cord injuries, resulting in partial or complete paralysis.
When these types of injuries impact you or a loved one, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers help you get the compensation you need to cover medical costs and other expenses. While you focus on your recovery, our Claremont slip and fall attorneys focus on holding those at-fault accountable.
How Do Slip and Fall Accidents Happen?
Slips and falls are generally referred to as ‘accidents’, but the fact is that negligence on the part of others is generally to blame. According to the National Safety Council (NSC), lack of proper maintenance and property upkeep are the leading causes. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our Claremont slip and fall attorneys can help you hold property owners and their employees accountable for the following:
- Cluttered aisles and hallways;
- Lack of safety mats at entrances and entrances;
- Lack of proper landscaping or outdoor lighting;
- Lack of handrails on stairs or guardrails at heights;
- Torn carpeting and chipped flooring tiles;
- Uneven walkways and loose paving stones;
- Wet, slippery floors due to spills and condensation.
Where Do Slips and Falls Typically Occur?
While dangerous conditions can cause slip and fall accidents in Claremont to happen anywhere, they are particularly common in public areas. The Centers For Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) warns that retail stores and shopping malls are among the most likely spots for slip and fall accidents. Other common places they are likely to occur include:
- Amusement parks;
- Grocery stores;
- Hotels and resorts;
- Office buildings;
- Outdoor markets;
- Public parks;
- Sports and recreational facilities.
When a slip and fall does happen, our Claremont slip and accident attorneys encourage you to notify onsite security or local law enforcement and the property owner immediately. You should also get medical care for your injuries as soon as possible, regardless of the severity of your symptoms. Not doing so could jeopardize your health and your rights in a slip and fall claim.
How Do I File A Slip and Fall Accident Claim?
Under the California Code, everyone is responsible for actions or inactions that leave others suffering personal injuries. This includes property owners. When a slip and fall accident happens, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers provide the professional legal representation you need in filing a claim. As experienced Claremont slip and fall attorneys, we aggressively negotiate with the property owner’s insurance company on your behalf with the goal of getting you the maximum amount in any settlements. If insurance is unavailable or your injuries are severe, our legal team can guide you in filing a premises liability lawsuit against them. Damages you may be entitled to in this type of claim include:
- Economic damages: These cover actual costs. This includes your current medical bills and lost wages, as well as any future expenses you are likely to incur.
- Non-economic damages: These cover intangible costs. This includes pain, suffering, and any loss of enjoyment in life that results from your slip and fall injuries.
- Punitive damages: This is an additional amount the judge may order in your case if the property owner acted in a particularly willful and negligent manner.
It is important to note that in slip and fall cases, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers generally represents clients on a contingency basis. This means you pay no attorney fees unless we get money for you.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS And Request A Free Consultation Today
Slip and fall accident injuries can impact your health and your financial security for years into the future. To ensure you get the maximum amount you need to recover, get Harris Personal Injury Lawyers on your side. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Claremont slip and fall accident attorneys online and request a free consultation today.