Claremont Wrongful Death Attorneys
Claremont Wrongful Death Attorneys
Accidents can have fatal consequences. When you suffer the unexpected loss of a loved one due to the reckless actions of others, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. is here to help. We can guide you in filing a wrongful death lawsuit in Claremont, which can provide a sense of justice while making sure medical costs and other expenses are paid. With decades worth of experience serving families in the local community, you can count on our Claremont wrongful death attorneys to provide the trusted legal guidance and professional representation you need. Our top case results show settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars in wrongful death cases. Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation today.
Cases Our Claremont Wrongful Death Attorneys Represent
Anytime someone passes, it is hard on their surviving loved ones. When it occurs due to an accident that could have otherwise been avoided, it is particularly devastating. According to statistics from the Los Angeles County Department of Health, accidental injuries are one of the leading causes of death in Claremont. When this type of tragedy impacts your family, you can count on our experienced Claremont wrongful death attorneys to provide the compassionate support and professional legal service you need. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we can advise you on your rights in filing a wrongful death lawsuit. Common causes of wrongful death in cases we represent include:
- Car accidents;
- Motorcycle accidents;
- Truck accidents;
- Pedestrian accidents;
- Bicycle accidents;
- Slip and fall accidents;
- Construction site accidents;
- Sports and recreational accidents;
- Accidents due to defective or dangerous products;
- Any type of accident resulting in fatal injuries.
What Qualifies As A Wrongful Death?
Statistics from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) show that close to 200,000 people die each year as a result of unintentional, accidental injuries. In the majority of cases, they occur due to the reckless actions of others involved. This includes:
- Dangerous driving behaviors, such as speeding, running red lights, and driving distracted or under the influence;
- Negligence on the part of property owners, such as failing to properly maintain the premises or to warn visitors that dangerous conditions exist;
- Recklessness on the sports and recreational facilities, for failing to take the proper safety precautions;
- Negligence on the part of product manufacturers and distributors, for failing to warn consumers of dangers or to pull defective products from shelves.
While people in these and other situations may not have meant to cause your loved one harm, the fact is that they can be held accountable. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our Claremont wrongful death attorneys can thoroughly investigate all the circumstances surrounding your case and advise you on your rights in filing a claim.
Who Can File A Wrongful Death Lawsuit?
As wrongful deaths often occur as a result of ‘accidents’, criminal charges against those responsible may not be filed in your case. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our Claremont wrongful death attorneys can help you get a sense of justice by filing a lawsuit against those responsible. Under the California Civil Code, those who are entitled to file a wrongful death claim include:
- The spouse or domestic partner of the victim;
- Their children and grandchildren;
- Their parents or legal guardians;
- Siblings and other blood relatives;
- Their personal representative or others entitled to inherit from their estate.
How Much Is A Wrongful Death Claim Worth?
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we know that no amount of money can bring back your loved one or ease the suffering you are experiencing. However, our Claremont wrongful death attorneys can help you get the compensation you need to cover expenses involved. We can also help ensure that your future needs are provided for in a way your loved ones would have wanted. While each case is different, common types of compensation available in a wrongful death lawsuit include:
- Economic damages, which cover actual costs. This includes medical bills, funeral expenses, and any lost wages. It also covers losses in the income your loved one would have otherwise earned.
- Non-economic damages, which cover intangible costs. This includes pain, suffering, loss of enjoyment in loss due to your loved ones passing, and loss of companionship.
- Punitive damages, which is an additional amount that may be ordered in your case. It is meant to punish those at-fault for behavior that was particularly willful and negligent.
It is important to note that in wrongful death cases, our legal team generally works on a contingency basis. This means you pay no attorney fees unless we get compensation for you.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS To Schedule A Free Consultation Today
When a loved one dies due to the negligence of others, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers can guide you in the legal actions needed to hold them accountable. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Claremont wrongful death attorneys online to schedule a free consultation today.