Claremont Truck Accident Attorneys
Claremont Truck Accident Attorneys
Truckers play a major role in supporting local businesses and bringing in supplies residents rely on regularly. Unfortunately, sharing the road with tractor-trailers, semi-trucks, and other big rigs can create serious hazards for motorists. When truck accidents in Claremont happen, potentially debilitating personal injuries can occur as a result. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., we help victims in these cases get the compensation they need to recover. As experienced Claremont truck accident attorneys, we are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to provide the professional legal representation you need in filing a claim. Our top case results show our success in obtaining settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation to find out how we can help you today.
Our Claremont Truck Accident Attorneys Help You Get The Compensation You Are Entitled To
Truck routes in Claremont stretch throughout the city, meaning drivers are likely to regularly encounter semi-trucks, tractor-trailers, 18 wheelers, and other big rigs. Sharing the road in this situation can be nerve-wracking and for good reason. Truck accidents happen on a regular basis and it is motorists who face the biggest risks. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we provide the trusted legal guidance and professional representation you need in this situation. Our Claremont truck accident attorneys help you get the compensation you are entitled to when the following common types of truck accidents occur:
- Head-on truck accidents, which happen frequently near freeway exits and entrances;
- Jackknife truck accidents, which often occur when truckers come to sudden stops;
- Rear-end truck accidents, which are common going down hills and in heavy traffic conditions;
- Rollover truck accidents, which frequently occur when going around curves;
- Side-swipe truck accidents, which can happen when truckers attempt to pass you on the road;
- T-bone or side-impact truck accidents, which are common at intersections.
How Many Truck Accidents Happen Each Year?
According to statistics from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), California has one of the highest truck accident rates in the country, with close to 3,000 crashes happening each year. With the number of truckers traveling through our area, truck accidents in Claremont are a major concern. When they happen, our experienced Claremont truck accident attorneys help victims and their families hold those at-fault accountable. Common causes of truck accidents in cases Harris Personal Injury Lawyers represent include:
- Reckless behavior on the part of the driver, such as speeding, tailgating, failing to yield, and operating a truck while under the influence;
- Drowsy driving, which the NHTSA reports is responsible for close to 20 percent of all truck accidents;
- Lack of proper training, which makes truck drivers less likely to respond appropriately in unexpected or emergency situations;
- Poor truck maintenance, which makes truck accidents more likely to happen;
- Uneven loading practices, which can cause the driver to lose control of the truck;
- Over-scheduling on the part of the trucking company, which increases the likelihood of speeding and other risky behavior.
How Can I Get Compensation For Truck Accident Injuries?
Most commercial trucks can weigh up to 80,000 pounds. The massive size and bulk provide a level of protection for the truck driver. Unfortunately, you are the one most likely to suffer serious and potentially life-threatening injuries. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our legal team can guide you in the options for filing a claim. One of the first steps involves dealing with insurers for both the truck driver and the company they work for. As experienced Claremont truck accident attorneys, we aggressively negotiate with representatives on your behalf with the goal of getting you the maximum amount in a settlement. In cases where injuries are severe, we will not hesitate to file a lawsuit against them. Damages you may be entitled to under the California Civil Code include:
- Economic damages, which cover tangible costs, such as current and future medical expenses and lost wages;
- Non-economic damages, which cover intangible costs, such as for your pain, suffering, and any loss of enjoyment in life due to your injuries;
- Punitive damages, which is an additional amount the judge may order the truck driver or the trucking company to pay if their actions were particularly willful and negligent.
To Request A Free Consultation, Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS Today
You have only one chance to get the compensation you need to recover from a truck accident. Truck drivers and the companies they work for have teams of attorneys on their side, working to defend them. Get our legal team on yours. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we generally represent injured victims of truck accidents on a contingency basis. This means you pay no attorney fees unless we get compensation for you. To request a free consultation, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Claremont truck accident attorneys online today.